What fiddle tune are you learning on right now?

Home Forums Fiddle Lesson Forum What fiddle tune are you learning on right now?

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Casey Willis
      Keymaster

Feel free to share what tune you’re currently learning in this thread…I’ll start…

Father Kelly’s Reel (learning from Kevin’s lesson)
      The Thames Hornpipe (Niall’s Lesson)
      Golden Fiddle Waltz (Randy Howard)

Lightningie
      Participant

I’m currently learning Maid Behind the Bar, memorizing the notes. Can’t wait till I can slowly speed it up… 🙂 Also working on Beaulieu from Andre’s lessons. One of my favorites.

Maritzamb
      Participant

Le Jig à Ti-Toine (Hanneke Cassel)! Paired with Cypress Jig. I love them!

NiTeLight
      Participant

Dipping my toe into Quebecois music for the first time! I’m starting with a somewhat familiar one (Valse du Chef du Gare, which I’d actually heard Andre play on a CD) and hoping to work my way up to Beaulieu Reel and La Gigue de Terre Bonne. I’m also going back through a lot of Hanneke’s stuff and practicing the ornamentation now I have the notes down. 😛

Casey Willis
      Keymaster

Very cool…so many tunes and so little time!!

I’m also considering trying out the foot tapping thing as well as working through Niall’s chopping series…those are two things I’ve never tried and think would be cool to add to my bag of tricks…

Lightningie
      Participant

Casey, you will learn foot tapping and not regret. It was the very first thing I remember learning from Andre a couple years ago. I now find myself doing it without thinking when I play fiddle or listening to fiddle tunes, haha. And yeah I know what you mean about how many tunes there are 🙂

thistle13
      Participant

Martin Wynne (Kevin Burke video) – love it!

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.