FULL LIST of Tunes to be Published – VOTE NOW!!!

Home Forums Fiddle Lesson Forum Lessons in Production – Fiddle Tune Requests FULL LIST of Tunes to be Published – VOTE NOW!!!

This topic contains 23 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by  Casey Willis 3 weeks, 6 days ago.

• Author

Casey Willis
    Keymaster

A couple of days back, I posted the total number of tunes from each instructor which have already been recorded but have not yet been published. One of our members requested the full list of tunes…instead of posting the full list in my prior post, I thought it would be a good idea to create a new post as I think you guys might have quite a few comments/votes to make.

So here is the full list of tunes/lessons which have already been recorded, but have yet to be published as of 5/31/17. Keep in mind that each of these lessons includes all of the various components that you see in the lessons currently published, so you have great content to look forward to. You have more than that to look forward to actually, if you take a look at my comments regarding Andre’s lessons below. Sorry for the long post, but I figured I’d better get it all down. Get ready to scroll, everybody….

AND HOW DO YOU VOTE? Feel free to reply to this post for any tunes you wish to be prioritized for publication. One thing to keep in mind is that we’ve not yet cut guitar tracks for any of Andre’s lessons, so the first of his tunes won’t be published until later in the year. Feel free to request tunes within his list for me to prioritize…Lessons from Hanneke, Kevin and Patti are ready for final editing and mastering…comment away!!

Kevin Burke (28 tunes + 1):
    Toss the Feathers (D)
    Toss the Feathers (Em)
    Toss the Feathers (F)
    The Flowers of Red Hill
    Tailor’s Twist
    Some Say the Devil is Dead
    George White’s Favorite
    Soggy’s (Slip Jig)
    The Green Groves of Erin
    Lafferty’s Reel
    Paddy Fahey’s Reel
    Miss McCloud’s Reel (key of A)
    Miss McCloud’s Reel (key of G)
    Paddy’s Return
    Morrison’s Jig
    Martin Wynn’s Reel #1
    Martin Wynn’s Reel #2
    Bunch of Green Rushes
    Tuttle’s Reel
    The Tolka Polka
    Glen Cottage Polka
    Maudabawn Chapel
    Lord Gordon’s Reel
    Slide 1 (Kevin couldn’t remember the names of these slides but will look them up)
    Slide 2
    Slide 3
    Sean Ryan’s Jig (The Nightengale)
    Sean Ryan’s Jig (The Castle)

…and one more technique tutorial:
    “How to Pair Tunes in a Set”

Patti Kusturok (18):
    Hi-Lo Schottish
    Loggieville Two-Step
    Fort Ellice Waltz
    The Red River Jig
    Gilbert Anderson’s Road Song
    Fiddle Fingers
    Chinese Breakdown
    Peekaboo Waltz
    The Countess of Dufferin
    The Plaza Polka
    The Pelican Reel
    Louis Reil
    Lucky Trappers
    East Hill Two Step
    The Joys of Quebec
    Citadel Waltz
    Black Velvet Waltz
    Frenchie’s Reel (although that one was just approved by Patti, so it will be published this weekend)

Hanneke (10 tunes):
    Keep It Up (currently being reviewed by Hanneke, so it will be published soon)
    Miss Lyall’s Reel (also being reviewed by Hanneke)
    Miss Lyall’s Strathspey
    Brenda Stubbarts
    My Love is But a Lassie Yet
    Fiora MacDonald
    Mairi’s Wedding
    The Earl of Dalhousie’s
    Bog An Lochan (although there may be video issues with this lesson…just a heads-up)
    I Won’t Do the Work (same issue as above…these lessons may wait till Hanneke is back in the studio

Andre Brunet (43 + 3):
    6-8 de Valcartier
    6-8 du Commerce
    Andre Alain
    Beaulieu
    Cache Tes Fesses
    Galope De Baie-Saint-Paul
    Galope De La Malbaie
    Gigue De Terrebonne
    La Belle Catherine
    La Soiree Chez Alcide (video below of Andre playing this one as a sound check)
    Lancier de Valcartier 2e
    Le Batteux
    Le Talencourt (might be a video issue with this one…heads-up)
    Le Tourment
    Madame Renaud
    Marche de Thomas Polmerleau 2
    Marche de Thomas Pomerleau 1
    Marie Sauce Ton Pain
    Reel du Poteau Blanc
    Quadrille Franco-American
    Quadrille Montcalm
    Reel a Castonguay
    Reel Belzebuth
    Reel Cloridorme
    Reel d Nouveaux Maries
    Reel De Bergeville
    Reel De Drummondville
    Reel de Pointe-au-Pic
    Reel des 2 Lizas
    Reel des Eboulements
    Reel des Habitants
    Reel des Sucres
    Reel Deschambault
    Reel D’Issoudun
    Reel du Forgeron
    Reel du Goucher
    Reel du Hotelier
    Reel du Telephone
    Reel Napolean
    Reel Saint-Antoine
    Set American
    Valse du Chef de Gare
    Valse du Philippe Bruneau

And three technique tutorials
    “Bowing and Shuffling”
    “Quebecois Footwork” (two camera angles on his feet)
    “Quebecois Fiddle Tune Types”

As promised, here is the video of Andre when he tested out our video/audio recording setup. This was recorded AFTER he’d been flying for 14 hours. This guy is seriously a beast. You can only imagine the energy level he brought to the studio after a night of sleep. More detailed comments regarding Andre’s beastliness below the video.

As far as the material that Andre recorded when he was here, there are a few things I can tell you.

First off, as you see in the video of his test run, we captured video of Andre’s footwork on his performance videos. About 80% of the tunes he recorded included footwork. The camera angle will be reversed on his feet, so you’ll have that shot in the perspective of the player.

The second thing I would say about Andre Brunet is that the man is an absolute MONSTER fiddle player. I do not say that lightly. He also has amazing energy, a strong connection to the Quebecois fiddling tradition, and his teaching style is fantastic. You can literally sense the joy that flows out of his music as he plays. He sometimes starts to hum/sing a little as he plays, or he yells out some super-cool French stuff as he plays. I really hope he wasn’t cursing because I’m leaving it all in!

To make matters even better during Andre’s session, the A/V recording stars aligned, and by some freak of electronics, the quality of content we captured is off the chart. Don’t get me wrong…I’m really proud of the quality of the material we’ve produced to-date on this site. But based on what I’ve seen so far, the audio and video quality for Andre’s lessons is even better than what’s already published on this site. We had a total of four mics and three HD cameras going, and as I see the pieces start to come together in the production chair, it’s like I’m literally sitting in front of Andre and he’s about to reach through the editing screen. The video is super-clean and the audio is absolutely amazing. I couldn’t be happier with Andre and what he will bring to this project.

Before I sign off, I’d also like to remind folks that I have a verbal commitment from a new instructor to join The Fiddlevideo Project later this year. I hope to be able to tell you more about that soon.

So there you go, folks. Feel free to copy and share the url of this post on any social media you might feel like. We’re pretty excited about what’s coming the the fiddlevideo project, and would love it if you spread the word. Feel free to tag us on Facebook or Twitter.

Cheers, and VOTE NOW!!!!!

sabrina
    Participant

Hi Casey,

I’m highly interested with these 3 lessons from Kevin :

1- SOGGY’S

2- MORRISON’S

3- TOSS THE FEATHERS

Thank you,

S.

FiddleMouse
    Participant

For Hanneke:
    1) Mairi’s Wedding 2) Earl of Dalhousie 3) Brenda Stubbarts

Andre: Valse de Chef du Gare

FiddleMouse
    Participant

That video of Andre is truly wonderful!

Csims
    Participant

From Kevin: Morrison’s, Toss the Feathers

From Patti: Hi-Lo Schottish, Red River Jig

From Henneke: Mari’s Wedding, Brenda Stubbart

From Andre: Reel de Pointe-au-Pic

Loving all of the work that has gone into this site. Thanks!

ulla_petersen
    Participant

For Hanneke:

– Miss Lyall’s Strathspey
    – Flora MacDonald
    – Brenda Stubbart

Ian
    Participant

I’m voting for Maudabawn Chapel and Lord Gordon’s Reel from Kevin, and La Soiree Chez Alcide from Andre!

Blossom
    Participant

Wow, we get to vote?!!! Can’t pass this opportunity up.
    Voting first for the technique videos from Andre especially Bowing and Shuffling
    also
    Maudabawn Chapel
    Citadel Waltz
    Miss Lyall’s Strathspey

Andre’s stuff is new to me and intriguing… and, I suspect, a real challenge.

Casey Willis
    Keymaster

Good suggestions, guys. I see that a few tunes are showing up on several members’ wish lists…that’s really helpful as I start to prioritize these.

Members who haven’t chimed in yet, feel free to keep voting!

C

neilmccartney10
    Participant

Fron Kevin; Tuttles, A bunch of green rushes, Morrisons….damn it, all of them 🙂

Casey Willis
    Keymaster

Good stuff, Neil. And that’s pretty hilarious. Below are the lessons currently being edited or out for review to instructors:

Hanneke:
    Keep it Up
    Miss Lyall’s Reel
    Miss Lyall’s Strathspey

Kevin:
    Toss the Feathers (all three different versions)
    Morrison’s Jig

Cheers!

C

Brodick1
    Participant

I had a shot at playing the fiddle and moving my feet as Andre does and suspect we will all end up with great stomach muscles…… bonus…… it’s the site that keeps giving. Can’t wait till the new tunes arrive. Would have to be the best learning platform out there.

Casey Willis
      Keymaster

Appreciate that comment, B. That’s the goal….

C

Blossom
      Participant

Thanks for the insight Broderick1, sounds like it takes multi-tasking to a whole new level with the added beneFIT.

renjenn
    Participant

Can I add to the list Miss Macleod’s reel and Prince Charlie’s Last View Of Scotland (Aire)? Both are scottish fiddle tunes.

Anne
    Participant

I’m loving Kevin’s lessons.
    My vote is for all of them, please, including but not limited to:
    Soggy’s
    Slides 1, 2 and 3
    Sean Ryan’s Jig (The Nightingale)
    Sean Ryan’s Jig (The Castle)
    Paddy’s Return
    Martin Wynn’s Reel #1
    Martin Wynn’s Reel #2
    Bunch of Green Rushes
    Tuttle’s Reel
    The Tolka Polka
    Glen Cottage Polka
    Tailor’s Twist
    Some Say the Devil is Dead
    George White’s Favorite
    Tailor’s Twist
    Lord Gordon’s Reel
    Miss McCloud’s Reel (key of A)
    Miss McCloud’s Reel (key of G)Lafferty’s Reel
    Paddy Fahey’s Reel

Casey Willis
    Keymaster

Thanks, RenJenn & Anne. Duly noted!

sabrina
    Participant

Hi Casey,

Well, the one that i want now is : SOGGY’S !!!!!!!!!!!!!! 😉

S.

Casey Willis
      Keymaster

I hear you, Sabrina. We’re in the middle of a great session with Niall Murphy right now, but when I get back to editing Kevin’s lessons, Soggy’s is right up towards the top!!

Barry Kirby
    Participant

I would like La Marche de Thomas Pomerleau 1 to be published please.

Casey Willis
      Keymaster

Duly noted, sir. Posted a bit more info in March #2 lesson for you. Peace!

Levins1951
    Participant

I suggest Cairo Waltz. You play that so well, with an excellent beat, and your interpretation of that song is absolutely superior. It would also give non-advanced fiddlers an easy melody to follow, and the would gradually add many of the frills you put on it. It is a great song–one of my favorite (the way you and your brother play it on Youtube).

Casey Willis
      Keymaster

Hi, Levins.

Thanks for the kind words.

I recorded that lesson twice, but that was as we were switching out studio space…Working out the technical kinks and alll that…I need to finish up on that one and get it published!!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.