Will there be new tunes any time soon?

Home Forums Fiddle Lesson Forum Lessons in Production – Fiddle Tune Requests Will there be new tunes any time soon?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Kitegal
      Participant

Hi @Casey,

Hopefully you are doing well. It seems a bit worrisome that there have been no new lessons been published since quite a while. A long time ago you had mentioned that there were still many lessons you have in reserve but need to process them first. For example some gems from Kevin Burke. But nothing had been added since.

It would be great to hear an update, thank you!

George Bretz
      Participant

Kitegal,
      Casey asked me to help with forum moderation, as he is pretty busy during “festival season”. I will make sure your question gets to him.
      At a workshop a couple of months ago he shared that he had quit a bit of content in production.
      He mentioned that a significant challenge was getting the guitar player for his tracks into the studio as the guitar player is touring.
      Casey shared that he has more content from Megan Lynch Chowing and material from Tim O’Brian in production.
      I don’t know of any new material from Kevin Burke. However, Kevin is one of the easiest artist for Casey to work with due to proximity.
      Again, I will assure Casey gets your message.
      George

Kitegal
      Participant

Thank you very much George! Very much appreciate your response and help. I am very empathetic to the fact that running a site like this is a very ambitious project and needs lots of work and attention. I can’t even imagine how Casey can juggle this with touring and being a professional musician.
      The site here is a real gem, a great resource for learning and has helped me (and probably also many others) to learn techniques and tunes.
      I guess I was also asking because I am not a big Texas contest style fiddler and was hoping for updates on all the the other styles 🙂

Thanks again!

Casey Willis
      Keymaster

Hi, Kitegal/George.

George – you hit the nail on the head…it’s been a busy summer, coupled with backup scheduling issues. I do very much look forward to getting things back to production speed, hopefully soon. I know you’re not alone in wanting to see new tunes published…

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.