Update on Lessons to be Published

Home Forums Fiddle Lesson Forum Update on Lessons to be Published

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Casey Willis
      Keymaster

Hello, Fiddlvideo members.

This has been an exciting year for the project, and we have a new fiddle instructor and a bunch of great new lessons in the works. I thought I would give you all an update on where things stand with the various instructors and what you have to look forward to in the coming months.

Below are the instructors and numbers of lessons currently in the production pipeline for each:

Hanneke Cassel – approximately 15 full tune lesson modules are recorded/in production.
      Patti Kusturok – approximately 20 full tune lesson modules are recorded/in production.
      Kevin Burke – 28 full tune lessons and 1 technique lesson are recorded/in production.
      Andre Brunet – 43 full tune lessons and 3 technique lesson are recorded/in production.
      Casey Willis – No new lessons at this point…I’m working on producing everyone else’s material!!!

That’s over 100 lessons to look forward to in the coming months/year!!! Holy cow I have my work cut out for me!!

So this is basically a note to let folks know that this project is actively being developed, and that you have tons of great new lessons to look forward to…We’re really excited to bring these lessons to the project and look forward to more great things later this year…like maybe more new instructors?? (hint hint)…

From myself and the rest of the instructors, THANKS for being members to this site. Now, back to the editing booth for me…

Cheers, and all the best in your fiddling adventures!!!

C

poetmom
      Participant

Wow–that will keep me busy for a few more years!

sabrina
      Participant

Hi Casey,

Great news ! Thank you and thank to all the instructors for the wonderful job that you all make in this website. I really appreciate the quality and the dedication.

As for new instructors….i know i already said it but i’m a hardcore fan of Scottish/American/Cape Breton styles soooo…. why not have a serious talk with Mrs Mac Master hmmm ?

Yeah i know : the lady is very very busy between 6 kids, a husband and an international career !!

But i love her style and she’s a wonderful teacher. No need to say that i admire Donnell as well but, as far as i know, he doesn’t teach.

Anyway, thanks to all and keep fiddling ! 😉

Kind regards,
      S.

Casey Willis
      Keymaster

Thanks, guys. I hear you regarding Natalie, Sabrina. She would be an amazing addition to the site. The question is would she have time…?? We shall see…someday…

C

Vtfiddle
      Participant

Hi Casey
      Very exciting ! I look forward to picking up some more great tunes. I’m really enjoying your site. I love the back up to practice with. I used to compete in a lot of contests on the east coast and never really got past that intermediate standing. This site is giving me the tools, the tunes, and most of all the confidence I was missing.
      Thank you for putting all this together. Do you have any recommendations for a good fiddle camp? I am going to camp Calvin this year and I am already gearing up for 2018.
      Thanks agin,
      Bill

Casey Willis
        Keymaster

Hi, Bill. Thanks much for the feedback – that’s great to hear. As far as fiddle camps go, Hanneke teaches at a couple that I’ve heard really great things about. One is the Mike Block String Camp. The other is Valley of the Moon. She also teaches at other camps, and you can check out her website for more info.

I think Jay Ungar puts on periodic camps at the Ashokan Project. But there are so many to choose from. Any other members have camps to suggest for Bill?

All the best!

C

FiddleMouse
      Participant

I love Hanneke’s For Reals tutorial! It’s a lot easier to play than it sounds. What a fun tune!

Are you going to give us a hint about the titles coming or do we have to wait?

Also, in future years I would love to see a fiddler who specializes jazz standards… I would love to learn those old standards more quickly. But I know you are super busy this year.

David Evans
      Participant

Fantastic news! I am looking forward to learning some of the new tunes and experiencing the new instructor Andre.

David

Casey Willis
        Keymaster

Right on, David. He’s awesome. Really. Check out the link above for a full listing of his lessons.

Roland White

Hi VT,Fiddlemouse & David,
      Thanks for all your kind words. There is definitely a buzz in the air at FV with all the new lesson content that is planned along with a new instructor. So glad to hear of your individual progress with the lessons and your hard work. Thank you all for chiming in and keep letting us know how you’re doing. Fiddle On! Roland

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.