Update on Andre?

Home Forums Fiddle Lesson Forum Update on Andre?

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Blossom
      Participant

I’ve been anxiously awaiting the videos with Andre. Is there any update on the ETA?

Casey Willis
      Keymaster

Hi, Blossom. I’m with you. We’re in the process of moving between studios right now…perhaps I’ll post a couple of pics on Facebook and link to that here in a sec.

I did chat with Andre over the weekend, and we’re going to see about using his brother on piano backup for a couple of tunes and possibly one of the guitar players he normally plays with…as well as my brother on guitar. So we’re sorting that stuff out.

Right now, I’m focused on getting the new studio up to speed in time for our newest instructor, Niall Murphy, to visit.

I’m really hoping to have more time to devote to this project in the latter half of this year as I just went part-time at my regular 40 hr/week job. That will allow me to work on this project during the daylight hours instead the late nights…So I think the tide will turn here and we’ll get a ton done once the new studio is up and running. Thx for checking in on Andre’s stuff.

P.S., Andre’s performances are off of the charts good. Seriously. That man is ridiculous.

C

Casey Willis
      Keymaster
      Casey Willis
      Keymaster

Heads-up, Blossom.

Cutting guitar on 15-17 of Andre’s tunes this weekend…tunes on the tracking sheet include:

Reel A Castonguay
      Reel Napolean
      Andre Alain
      La Soiree At Alcide
      Le Torment
      Poteau Blanc
      Quad Franco-American
      Reel Of Drummondville
      Reel Du Pointe-au-pic
      Reel de Sucre
      Reel D’lssoudun
      Reel du Hotelier
      Reel of Telephone
      Valse From the Chef de Gare
      Waltz by Philippe Bruneau
      6-8 de Valcartier
      6-8 of Commerce

Mixing/editing next…

Hope to start releasing them soon…

C

Blossom
      Participant

This is great news! Thanks, Casey. It probably goes without saying, but I have a small but relevant (petite mais pertinente) question… will his lessons be in English?

Casey Willis
        Keymaster

Yep. Except for a few random phrases I assume are québécois cursing.

FiddleMouse
      Participant

Oh my gosh! You have been doing all of this in addition to a full time job? Wow. I hope you get a really good and long vacation someday.

Casey Willis
        Keymaster

Yeah, FM. But we’ll get there!!

Update: we cut guitar for 12 tunes this weekend. There will also be at least 3 technique tutorials in the initial release of Andre’s material.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.