Tunes for Kevin.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      baggeh
      Participant

Hello, really enjoying the site, learning a lot from all the great videos.
      I thought I’d suggest some of my favourite tunes that I’d love for Kevin to do videos on;

The Maudabawn Chapel
      Toss the Feathers
      Pigeon on the Gate (I know Hanneke has a video on this but I think it is a different version to the Irish one)
      The Foxhunter’s reel
      Morrison’s Jig
      The Morning Star
      The Lilting Fisherman
      The Drunken Landlady

I better stop there otherwise I could get carried away!

Casey Willis
      Keymaster

Great suggestions, baggeh. I’ll add these to his running list of requests.

Good news on Toss The Feathers. Kevin actually recorded THREE different tunes by that name during his last session. One in Em, and the other two in D, I believe. Each lesson includes basic and advanced tutorials (same as the rest on this site).

I’ll try to get those edited and up on the site after working through a few more of Patti’s and Hanneke’s lessons.

Thanks!!!
      C

Ed Zwilling
      Participant

I’d like to add one:

Si Bheag, Si Mhor. I have a version from Jay Ungar’s DVD, but I would love to hear how Kevin approaches the tune.

Thanks!!

Casey Willis
        Keymaster

Nice, Ed. I’ll add it to the list for K. That’s a good one. I play that tune occasionally as well. I would think my approach and Kevins would be remarkably different!!!

C

Ed Zwilling
      Participant

Would love to see both!!

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.