This is Happening Right Now!!!

Home Forums Fiddle Lesson Forum This is Happening Right Now!!!

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author
      Casey Willis
      Keymaster

Hi, FV members. The incomperable Andre Brunet is in the Fiddlevideo studios for the next 5 days. Here is a sneak peek at what you have in store once we launch Andre as an official FV teacher…He is simply awesome!!!

Blossom
      Participant

Oh wow… Looking forward to this!

robhanson
      Participant

Awesome! Got to be a challenge to play and tap at the same time! Looks like fun!

Kind Regards,

rob hanson

sabrina
      Participant

Wow i can’t wait for this !!

So groovy and i second Rob, playing and taping at the same time ??!! Lot of fun coming !

S.

tangripper
      Participant

thats awesome..can’t wait to watch these..makes me miss John Hartford

FiddleMouse
      Participant

What tunes is he doing?

Casey Willis
        Keymaster

Hi, Fiddlemouse. I’ll post in this thread when we have the full listing. As of this evening, Andre has recorded 40 tunes…most of them reels. A few jigs. A couple of waltzes. Tomorrow we start in on a few technique videos and then round out the day with more reels before he flies back home. I can tell you that I’m incredibly happy with the quality of his teaching. It will take a while to get all the material published, but he is a GREAT addition to the site!!!

Stay tuned for the full listing of songs recorded…

C

FiddleMouse
      Participant

Wow! Forty?!?! Wow! Just… wow!

poetmom
      Participant

OH MY GOODNESS.

I’m gonna have to quit my job. I can’t handle the awesomeness of all the teachers as it as. Now this??

Casey Willis
        Keymaster

Yeah…I’m with you!

The final total of lessons recorded is 46. 43 tune lesson modules and 3 technique tutorials.

I can tell you that the content from Andre is truly amazing. He is an excellent combination of technical ability, great instruction, and most importantly ENERGY!!!!! I can’t tell you how excited I am to add Andre to the project.

I’ll post the full list of lessons in this thread soon.

C

FiddleMouse
      Participant

How in the world did he record that much so quickly? He must be an amazing teacher and one take wonder!

Casey Willis
        Keymaster

Yes, FiddleMouse. Andre is really an amazing player. And he came to the studio prepared. Of the 43 tunes, he only stopped/recut the performances for 2. The rest were recorded in one take. We’ll be busting it to get guitar tracks going and lessons published. I am shooting for August for the release of the first batch of 20 or so lessons…

Oh…and not fully confirmed yet, but I’m working on bringing another GREAT player to the site at the end of the year….STAY TUNED!!! This project is one of the coolest things I’ve had a chance to participate in!!

C

fiddleman732
      Participant

Are there any plans to add on a bluegrass teacher in the near (I hope:) future?

FiddleMouse
      Participant

Re: Bluegrass… I second that motion!

For bluegrass, I would love to see licks taught. I would love to learn 100 model licks that I can use to develop a sixth sense about the bluegrass idiom so that i could then create my own.

There could be diffrerent types of licks taught instead of tunes and songs. So there could be a kickoff section, with 20 kickoffs, a section of licks that transition in and out of breaks, ending licks, etc.

I have not seen that done anywhere else. Very hard to come by.

Roland White

Lots of excitement at FV land with lots to look forward to. Regarding the Bluegrass teacher he has been on the hunt for the right fit for FiddleVideo and I’m sure he will chime in on this thread to give you an update on his timeline for that. Thank you for you posts, we love to see the members chiming in and making comments and suggestions.

Fiddle on FV Fiddlers, Roland Forum Moderator

Casey Willis
      Keymaster

Hi again, Fiddleman and Fiddlemouse. Couldn’t agree more. Bluegrass is such an appealing genre for this site. I like your suggestions on bluegrass content, FM. We’ll consider those when we get ready to launch with a bluegrass instructor.

As Roland says, I have been trying to find a great bluegrass instructor to add to our team. I was working with a world-class player earlier this year to see about getting him on-board…it didn’t work out for this season. I still do have plans to bring on a great bluegrass instructor, but it won’t be until 2018, I think.

We’ll get there!!! Thanks for the input, guys.

C

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.