Suggestion- Prince Charlie

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      renjenn
      Participant

I would love to have a tutorial for Prince Charlie’s last view of Scotland. It’s so dramatic. I think Hanneke would rock it. Has it ever been requested?

renjenn
      Participant

Since we’re on the subject, I’d love to hear Miss Macleod’s reel. I have trouble figuring out how to add ornaments. (I’m pretty beginner)

Casey Willis
      Keymaster

Hi there, RenJenn.

Is that Last View of Scotland tune an Irish tune or Scottish? If Irish, I’ll pitch it to Niall Murphy for his recording sessions next week. If Scottish, I’ll pitch it to Hanneke whenever we get her back in studio. No guarantees they’ll choose to record it, but it will definitely be on the list of tunes which have been requested.

As far as McLeod’s, Kevin recorded two different versions of that tune when he was in the studio earlier this year. You may have been referencing This Post. If not, you should check that out as it’s the most current listing of tunes recorded but not edited to-date. Comment that title so I know to put editing those lessons ahead of others which have not been requested.

Thx!

C

renjenn
      Participant

It’s a scottish Aire. in G minor. Sounds great with a cello drone.
      I’ll check out the Macleod. thanks

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.