Songs for Casey

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Wafflestomper
      Participant

I know you probably have a long running list of song requests.
      Just thought I’d drop by and put my votes in for a couple.

Say Old Man
      Midnight Waltz
      And maybe some kind of interesting version of Sally Anne. Mine is pretty boring…

Really enjoying your playing.

Casey Willis
      Keymaster

Hi, Wafflestomper. Thanks for the suggestions. You’re the second to request Say Old Man. That’s high on my list. I like the other suggestions as well.

I will tell you that we have 80 lessons currently in editing and post production lined up already for this year. I may take a break mid year to record some of my own tunes, but the focus is getting Patti Kusturok’s material and Hanneke’s latest sessions up first. I need three of me at this point!!

So thanks for these good requests – I’ll cut what I can as soon as I can!!!

C

Wafflestomper
      Participant

No worries man!
      Thanks, Say Old Man has always eluded me for some reason..

DanRoseberry
      Participant

Casey, you probably already have a list a mile long, but here are a couple I would like to hear your version of; they are sometimes played together:

Midnight on the Water
      Bonaparte’s Retreat

Roland White

HI Dan, Good tunes and they both are well suited to doing your own thing with them after you get a feel for the tune.
      Always been fun to go back and play them every few years and hear how different you play them with a few more years of fiddling under your belt. I’m sure Casey will chime in on if he will put them on the list. Fiddling on Dan! regards, Roland

Jammckoy
      Participant

How about Aprils Reel 🙂 That sounds like it would be such a fun tune to play! By the way – I love your website! I’ve been a member for just over a week and already my fiddle playing is improving!

Roland White

HI JAMMCKOY, I’ve not heard Aprils Reel, do you have a source or did you find it on Youtube? If you have a link you can post it in the thread so myself and others can hear the tune.

Glad to hear you love the site. It’s taking learning to a whole new level with the looper and speed control. Sure makes it easier to learn those subtle but tough parts. Thanks for posting, I’m going off to hunt down Aprils Reel Best Roland, Forum Moderator

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.