Old Time Contest Tunes

Home Forums Fiddle Lesson Forum Old Time Contest Tunes

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Likes2Fiddle
      Participant

Hi all,
      Suggestions for a waltz (intermediate and advancing…) that might combine well with Jerusalem Ridge? Don’t wanna play something that is heard all the time….but something ‘real purdy’….! Third tune not selected yet, suggestions appreciated.
      Is there somewhere online that has suggested old time contest combinations?
      Hey, I’ll be in the senior division, first time ever in a contest, if I decide to…just thought it might make me get in better fiddle shape, and a fun challenge.
      PS – Its old time fiddle only.

• This topic was modified 5 years, 11 months ago by Likes2Fiddle.
      • This topic was modified 5 years, 11 months ago by Likes2Fiddle.
      uncleted
      Participant

Amelia’s Waltz is quite nice, and not to hard to play!

Roland White

Hi Martha, I agree with UNCLEATED on Amelia’s Waltz. Great tune that covers the entire fingerboard in 1st position and not played much in contests that I’ve heard. Have fun its a lovely tune. Best Roland

Casey Willis
      Keymaster

Hi, Martha.

Jerusalem Ridge is in Am…I might look at a waltz in the key of C to give the round a bit of a lift…Country Waltz and Roxanne’s are two good old-time choices…

Or you might go with a G key waltz…maybe Westphalia?

Best of luck!!

Casey

Likes2Fiddle
        Participant

Thank-you. I love the waltz that you wrote sometime ago, it modulated to b flat I think (or F M?). Could I play that, or is it “not old enough?” Thanks, M

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.