Love, love this site!

Home Forums Fiddle Lesson Forum General Fiddle Forum Topics Love, love this site!

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      GreenFiddler
      Participant

Casey,

There is only one Irish player you could have gotten where I would gladly give my money to you to learn from and he’s the one you got!

Now that I’m spending time (and money :D) here on the site, can I just say a couple of things:

1. Could we also get the tunes in ABC format? I put them into Tunebook on my iPad where I can edit them and create my own version. (I then put them on Google Drive, and I have my music always with me.)

2. I love “Glass Case of Emotion” and am working on learning it (*cough* speeding it up *cough*) but to have it come in after every single video – especially the performance videos – takes the ear worm from the tune I just heard back to Hanneke’s awesome song – something I don’t want to have happen. To stop that means I have to be on my toes to STOP the video before that ending comes along. Is there any chance the performance videos available to members (post-login) could be bare of the beginning and ending branding? Pretty please?! 🙂

3. In future videos, can you make sure the bow hand of the performer does not go out of frame?

4. I’d love to see a video where Kevin talk about putting together Irish tune sets. How do you match tunes, for sets that are preplanned? For spontaneous sets, how does he think of the tunes while playing another? I’ve learned Cooley’s and Earl’s Chair and I think they make a nice pair, but what other tune would make a nice third to complete the set?

Thank you for listening! Love the site.

Shannon

ps My goal for your tunes, Casey, is Limerock!

GreenFiddler
      Participant

Oh and one more thing:

5. Can we have a few lessons from Hanneke in doing rhythm violin like she does in her recording of Glass Case of Emotion on her album Silver?

Thanks for reading this!
      Shannon

Casey Willis
      Keymaster

Hi, Shannon. I’m glad you’ve already learned some great tunes…keep it up! Limerock is a heck of a tough tune, but if you stick with it, you’ll get a good version by watching the lessons.

#1 Please see my other post regarding the possibility of ABC sheet music.

#2 In regards to your second question, I understand the desire for bumper-less files…I’m afraid I can’t commit to re-exporting, re-rendering, re-converting, re-uploading, and recoding all of the lessons…each full lesson module you see on the site took an significant amount of time to process. That would be an effort of many thousands of man-hours. I hope you understand!

#3 – I’ll do my best.

#4 Kevin talks a bit about this when he discusses the Down the Broom set, which is not yet published on the site. It will be posted when Kevin gets back from tour and has time to review the material I’ve produced.

#5 I asked Hanneke the last time she was in-studio to cover this topic. She feels that she’s not the expert in the chopping field and was hesitant to present material that she wasn’t comfortable. But I’m with you – that’s a great technique. I know Casey Driessen has some videos out there you can check out. Casey is the expert, in my opinion, on rhythmic chopping.

Thanks again for joining, and for giving the good feedback!

GreenFiddler
      Participant

Thank you, Casey 🙂

awdemers
      Participant

Hi Shannon! RE: “bumper-less” files, the MP3 downloads on this site are just the tune. I also use a program called AnyTune, download Fiddlevideo tracks from iTunes into that, and it allows me to loop and/or slow down sections I am working on. Hope this helps!
      Amy

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.