FULL LIST of Tunes to be Published – VOTE NOW!!!

Home Forums Fiddle Lesson Forum Lessons in Production – Fiddle Tune Requests FULL LIST of Tunes to be Published – VOTE NOW!!!

Viewing 42 reply threads
  • Author
      Casey Willis
      Keymaster

A couple of days back, I posted the total number of tunes from each instructor which have already been recorded but have not yet been published. One of our members requested the full list of tunes…instead of posting the full list in my prior post, I thought it would be a good idea to create a new post as I think you guys might have quite a few comments/votes to make.

So here is the full list of tunes/lessons which have already been recorded, but have yet to be published as of 5/31/17. Keep in mind that each of these lessons includes all of the various components that you see in the lessons currently published, so you have great content to look forward to. You have more than that to look forward to actually, if you take a look at my comments regarding Andre’s lessons below. Sorry for the long post, but I figured I’d better get it all down. Get ready to scroll, everybody….

AND HOW DO YOU VOTE? Feel free to reply to this post for any tunes you wish to be prioritized for publication. One thing to keep in mind is that we’ve not yet cut guitar tracks for any of Andre’s lessons, so the first of his tunes won’t be published until later in the year. Feel free to request tunes within his list for me to prioritize…Lessons from Hanneke, Kevin and Patti are ready for final editing and mastering…comment away!!

Kevin Burke (28 tunes + 1):
      Toss the Feathers (D)
      Toss the Feathers (Em)
      Toss the Feathers (F)
      The Flowers of Red Hill
      Tailor’s Twist
      Some Say the Devil is Dead
      George White’s Favorite
      Soggy’s (Slip Jig)
      The Green Groves of Erin
      Lafferty’s Reel
      Paddy Fahey’s Reel
      Miss McCloud’s Reel (key of A)
      Miss McCloud’s Reel (key of G)
      Paddy’s Return
      Morrison’s Jig
      Martin Wynn’s Reel #1
      Martin Wynn’s Reel #2
      Bunch of Green Rushes
      Tuttle’s Reel
      The Tolka Polka
      Glen Cottage Polka
      Maudabawn Chapel
      Lord Gordon’s Reel
      Slide 1 (Kevin couldn’t remember the names of these slides but will look them up)
      Slide 2
      Slide 3
      Sean Ryan’s Jig (The Nightengale)
      Sean Ryan’s Jig (The Castle)

…and one more technique tutorial:
      “How to Pair Tunes in a Set”

Patti Kusturok (18):
      Hi-Lo Schottish
      Loggieville Two-Step
      Fort Ellice Waltz
      The Red River Jig
      Gilbert Anderson’s Road Song
      Fiddle Fingers
      Chinese Breakdown
      Peekaboo Waltz
      The Countess of Dufferin
      The Plaza Polka
      The Pelican Reel
      Louis Reil
      Lucky Trappers
      East Hill Two Step
      The Joys of Quebec
      Citadel Waltz
      Black Velvet Waltz
      Frenchie’s Reel (although that one was just approved by Patti, so it will be published this weekend)

Hanneke (10 tunes):
      Keep It Up (currently being reviewed by Hanneke, so it will be published soon)
      Miss Lyall’s Reel (also being reviewed by Hanneke)
      Miss Lyall’s Strathspey
      Brenda Stubbarts
      My Love is But a Lassie Yet
      Fiora MacDonald
      Mairi’s Wedding
      The Earl of Dalhousie’s
      Bog An Lochan (although there may be video issues with this lesson…just a heads-up)
      I Won’t Do the Work (same issue as above…these lessons may wait till Hanneke is back in the studio

Andre Brunet (43 + 3):
      6-8 de Valcartier
      6-8 du Commerce
      Andre Alain
      Beaulieu
      Cache Tes Fesses
      Galope De Baie-Saint-Paul
      Galope De La Malbaie
      Gigue De Terrebonne
      La Belle Catherine
      La Soiree Chez Alcide (video below of Andre playing this one as a sound check)
      Lancier de Valcartier 2e
      Le Batteux
      Le Talencourt (might be a video issue with this one…heads-up)
      Le Tourment
      Madame Renaud
      Marche de Thomas Polmerleau 2
      Marche de Thomas Pomerleau 1
      Marie Sauce Ton Pain
      Reel du Poteau Blanc
      Quadrille Franco-American
      Quadrille Montcalm
      Reel a Castonguay
      Reel Belzebuth
      Reel Cloridorme
      Reel d Nouveaux Maries
      Reel De Bergeville
      Reel De Drummondville
      Reel de Pointe-au-Pic
      Reel des 2 Lizas
      Reel des Eboulements
      Reel des Habitants
      Reel des Sucres
      Reel Deschambault
      Reel D’Issoudun
      Reel du Forgeron
      Reel du Goucher
      Reel du Hotelier
      Reel du Telephone
      Reel Napolean
      Reel Saint-Antoine
      Set American
      Valse du Chef de Gare
      Valse du Philippe Bruneau

And three technique tutorials
      “Bowing and Shuffling”
      “Quebecois Footwork” (two camera angles on his feet)
      “Quebecois Fiddle Tune Types”

As promised, here is the video of Andre when he tested out our video/audio recording setup. This was recorded AFTER he’d been flying for 14 hours. This guy is seriously a beast. You can only imagine the energy level he brought to the studio after a night of sleep. More detailed comments regarding Andre’s beastliness below the video.

As far as the material that Andre recorded when he was here, there are a few things I can tell you.

First off, as you see in the video of his test run, we captured video of Andre’s footwork on his performance videos. About 80% of the tunes he recorded included footwork. The camera angle will be reversed on his feet, so you’ll have that shot in the perspective of the player.

The second thing I would say about Andre Brunet is that the man is an absolute MONSTER fiddle player. I do not say that lightly. He also has amazing energy, a strong connection to the Quebecois fiddling tradition, and his teaching style is fantastic. You can literally sense the joy that flows out of his music as he plays. He sometimes starts to hum/sing a little as he plays, or he yells out some super-cool French stuff as he plays. I really hope he wasn’t cursing because I’m leaving it all in!

To make matters even better during Andre’s session, the A/V recording stars aligned, and by some freak of electronics, the quality of content we captured is off the chart. Don’t get me wrong…I’m really proud of the quality of the material we’ve produced to-date on this site. But based on what I’ve seen so far, the audio and video quality for Andre’s lessons is even better than what’s already published on this site. We had a total of four mics and three HD cameras going, and as I see the pieces start to come together in the production chair, it’s like I’m literally sitting in front of Andre and he’s about to reach through the editing screen. The video is super-clean and the audio is absolutely amazing. I couldn’t be happier with Andre and what he will bring to this project.

Before I sign off, I’d also like to remind folks that I have a verbal commitment from a new instructor to join The Fiddlevideo Project later this year. I hope to be able to tell you more about that soon.

So there you go, folks. Feel free to copy and share the url of this post on any social media you might feel like. We’re pretty excited about what’s coming the the fiddlevideo project, and would love it if you spread the word. Feel free to tag us on Facebook or Twitter.

Cheers, and VOTE NOW!!!!!

sabrina
      Participant

Hi Casey,

I’m highly interested with these 3 lessons from Kevin :

1- SOGGY’S

2- MORRISON’S

3- TOSS THE FEATHERS

Thank you,

S.

FiddleMouse
      Participant

For Hanneke:
      1) Mairi’s Wedding 2) Earl of Dalhousie 3) Brenda Stubbarts

Andre: Valse de Chef du Gare

FiddleMouse
      Participant

Camps:

My impression was that Jay Ungar does his camp every year. I know one person who makes attending it her annual tradition.

There is also Jink & Diddle… I think in NC… traditional Scottish Fiddle, and Boston Harbor Scottish Fiddle School. Hanneke teaches there every other year, and also teaches at West Denmark Fiddle School alternating with Boston Harbor. West Denmark is a Scandinavian Fiddle Camp. It should be noted that at West Denmark campers are expected to have some experience playing in third position.

I have not attended any of these camps yet. I am just repeating what I have learned in my research.

Last year I very much enjoyed attending Strawberry Jam Camp in Elkader Iowa… that is a mixed instrument Bluegrass camp that immediately precedes the Backbone Bluegrass Festival in the sane location. Each camper is assigned to a bluebrass band that is comprised of players of similar experience and skill. Lots of fun learning to play in a group with a banjo, guitar, mando and stand up bass! The bands each play two songs to open the festival. That was really really fun and very economical. We stayed in a B&B that had been the county jail… very nice accommodations… comfy, quirky, fun, clean, amd they accept small pets.

This year I am attending Boston Harbor Fiddle School. It just so happens my teenage son will need to be in Boston that exact week… So we are heading up there together.

I don’t think I have ever heard of anyone having a bad time at music camp… any camp you choose will probably be lots of fun.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 11 months ago by FiddleMouse.
      • This reply was modified 6 years, 11 months ago by FiddleMouse.
      FiddleMouse
      Participant

That video of Andre is truly wonderful!

Csims
      Participant

From Kevin: Morrison’s, Toss the Feathers

From Patti: Hi-Lo Schottish, Red River Jig

From Henneke: Mari’s Wedding, Brenda Stubbart

From Andre: Reel de Pointe-au-Pic

Loving all of the work that has gone into this site. Thanks!

ulla_petersen
      Participant

For Hanneke:

– Miss Lyall’s Strathspey
      – Flora MacDonald
      – Brenda Stubbart

Ian
      Participant

I’m voting for Maudabawn Chapel and Lord Gordon’s Reel from Kevin, and La Soiree Chez Alcide from Andre!

Blossom
      Participant

Wow, we get to vote?!!! Can’t pass this opportunity up.
      Voting first for the technique videos from Andre especially Bowing and Shuffling
      also
      Maudabawn Chapel
      Citadel Waltz
      Miss Lyall’s Strathspey

Andre’s stuff is new to me and intriguing… and, I suspect, a real challenge.

Casey Willis
      Keymaster

Good suggestions, guys. I see that a few tunes are showing up on several members’ wish lists…that’s really helpful as I start to prioritize these.

Members who haven’t chimed in yet, feel free to keep voting!

C

neilmccartney10
      Participant

Fron Kevin; Tuttles, A bunch of green rushes, Morrisons….damn it, all of them 🙂

Casey Willis
      Keymaster

Good stuff, Neil. And that’s pretty hilarious. Below are the lessons currently being edited or out for review to instructors:

Hanneke:
      Keep it Up
      Miss Lyall’s Reel
      Miss Lyall’s Strathspey

Kevin:
      Toss the Feathers (all three different versions)
      Morrison’s Jig

Cheers!

C

Brodick1
      Participant

I had a shot at playing the fiddle and moving my feet as Andre does and suspect we will all end up with great stomach muscles…… bonus…… it’s the site that keeps giving. Can’t wait till the new tunes arrive. Would have to be the best learning platform out there.

Casey Willis
        Keymaster

Appreciate that comment, B. That’s the goal….

C

Blossom
        Participant

Thanks for the insight Broderick1, sounds like it takes multi-tasking to a whole new level with the added beneFIT.

renjenn
      Participant

Can I add to the list Miss Macleod’s reel and Prince Charlie’s Last View Of Scotland (Aire)? Both are scottish fiddle tunes.

Anne
      Participant

I’m loving Kevin’s lessons.
      My vote is for all of them, please, including but not limited to:
      Soggy’s
      Slides 1, 2 and 3
      Sean Ryan’s Jig (The Nightingale)
      Sean Ryan’s Jig (The Castle)
      Paddy’s Return
      Martin Wynn’s Reel #1
      Martin Wynn’s Reel #2
      Bunch of Green Rushes
      Tuttle’s Reel
      The Tolka Polka
      Glen Cottage Polka
      Tailor’s Twist
      Some Say the Devil is Dead
      George White’s Favorite
      Tailor’s Twist
      Lord Gordon’s Reel
      Miss McCloud’s Reel (key of A)
      Miss McCloud’s Reel (key of G)Lafferty’s Reel
      Paddy Fahey’s Reel

Casey Willis
      Keymaster

Thanks, RenJenn & Anne. Duly noted!

sabrina
      Participant

Hi Casey,

Well, the one that i want now is : SOGGY’S !!!!!!!!!!!!!! 😉

S.

Casey Willis
        Keymaster

I hear you, Sabrina. We’re in the middle of a great session with Niall Murphy right now, but when I get back to editing Kevin’s lessons, Soggy’s is right up towards the top!!

Barry Kirby
      Participant

I would like La Marche de Thomas Pomerleau 1 to be published please.

Casey Willis
        Keymaster

Duly noted, sir. Posted a bit more info in March #2 lesson for you. Peace!

Levins1951
      Participant

I suggest Cairo Waltz. You play that so well, with an excellent beat, and your interpretation of that song is absolutely superior. It would also give non-advanced fiddlers an easy melody to follow, and the would gradually add many of the frills you put on it. It is a great song–one of my favorite (the way you and your brother play it on Youtube).

Casey Willis
        Keymaster

Hi, Levins.

Thanks for the kind words.

I recorded that lesson twice, but that was as we were switching out studio space…Working out the technical kinks and alll that…I need to finish up on that one and get it published!!

Casey Willis
        Keymaster

Hi again, Levins.

Here is Cairo Waltz. Enjoy!!

C

Kevin Burke playing Sean Ryan’s The Castle
      And Sean Ryan’s The nightingale

Leoquin
      Participant

A great Scottish jig “Hot Punch”. It’s not on Hanneke’s list but would she consider adding it sometime later.

Leoquin

Roland White

Hi Leoquin, I’m happy to pass that along to Casey and Hanneke for you. Thanks for the suggestion. Best Roland Forum Moderator

My rop 3 vote is for Chinese Breakdown, Peek a Boo Waltz, Mairi’s Wedding. In addition, Bowing & Shuffling technique

Roland White

Thanks Valerie, I’ll pass this along for the suggested new tunes list.
        Thanks Roland

Roland White

Hey there Fiddlevideo players,

Thanks for the tune suggestion input. These are great tunes and Casey will pass them on to the appropriate fiddle instructor for further consideration.

Now that I have learned 100’s of tunes over the years I understand more everyday that there are……………………………. SO MANY TUNES……..and……….SO LITTLE TIME…..

and thats why we all love this site with so many pieces of music candy to chew on everyday and so many flavors yet to come. Fiddle on and have a wonderful weekend. Cheers, Roland, Forum Moderator

• This reply was modified 5 years, 6 months ago by Roland White.
      Shawn_Huckins
      Participant

Seriously, anything from André. He’s a monster with the fiddle and brings so much energy. But maybe these prioritized: Galope De La Malbaie, Gigue De Terrebonne, Le Batteux, Le Talencourt. Thank you!! -S

Casey Willis
        Keymaster

Thanks for the input, Shawn. I’ll take a look at those lessons and see about bumping them up the list for guitar tracking/prioritisation. Andre really is something else. Truly a musical genius.

Excited to bring these (and many more tunes from other instructors) to the site, sooner rather than later.

C

Morris
      Participant

Waiting for more of Andre’s fantastic lessons!!!!
      Best wishes and Thank you. DM

Casey Willis
        Keymaster

Sounds like a winner, Morris.

We’ll get some guitar tracking going for Andre’s stuff and see if we can’t round out his lesson offerings on the site. We have a couple of lessons from Kevin and Hanneke in front of his, but agreed.

Cheers!

C

David Evans
      Participant

Here are a couple of tunes that I would like to see on the list:

Patti – Weeping Heart, Maiden’s Prayer, Kesh Jig

Hanneke – My Dungannon Sweetheart, The Scaffie’s Cairt, Juniper, Counselor’s Jig

David

Casey Willis
        Keymaster

Hi, David.

Good suggestions. We’ll add them to the running list of possible tunes for new sessions. Have you checked out Kevin’s version of The Kesh Jig?

David Evans
      Participant

No I haven’t checked out Kevin’s version but I will – thanks

Kitegal
      Participant

Hi Casey,

It seems there is no list for Niall Murphy in your original post (or am I overlooking it?). His lessons are totally rocking’ my learning boat 🙂 do you have more recordings from him than have already been published? – Cheers! – Sylvia

Casey Willis
        Keymaster

Hi, Sylvia. Glad to hear you’re enjoying Niall’s lessons. Yes – I think we had just wrapped up recording with Niall when I first started this thread…below are the tunes he recorded (some of which have already been published). Feel free to advocate for any you’d like to see sooner than later. I can tell you that some still need backup track recordings while others are ready to go. Cheers!!

The Rose in the Heather
        Sporting Paddy
        Rock the Boat
        Off to California
        The Wedding Reel
        The Haunted House
        Crowleys Reel 1
        Crowleys Reel 2
        Tripping Down the Stairs
        The Knockaclarig Slide
        The New Road
        The Wonder Hornpipe
        Katy is Waiting
        Calliope House Jig
        The Goat on the Rock
        Tommy People’s Reel
        Dan Breen’s reel
        Kitty’s Wedding
        The Coolin
        The Gravel Walks
        The Mist Covered Mountain
        Tina Lech’s Polka
        Pinch of Snuff
        Give us a Drink of Water
        The Sligo Maid
        Rogaire Dubh
        The Fox Hunter’s Reel
        The Rambling Pitchfork
        The Ballyhoura Mountains
        The Geese in the Bog
        Alice’s Reel
        Mairtin O Connor’s Reel
        Molly St. George
        Danny Boy

LarryThibert
      Participant

I like your list the only thing I ask is to have more of Andre slower pieces like The Breath of and angel or Autumn Sky and Tooth fairy jig and Belle Aurora to mention a small few
      I’m sure once you here them you would agree they show his beautiful talent.

LarryThibert
      Participant

When do you fore see the new tunes will be coming out Cassey

seadamson
      Participant

Any chance of eventually adding “Billy in the Lowground”?

Casey Willis
      Keymaster

Hi, Larry and Seadamson.

I agree we need more slower tunes from Andre. We have a couple more slow ones recorded but not yet produced, but the majority of his lessons from his first sessions are reels. I’ll add those titles to the suggestion list for the next time we get him in studio.

Speaking of studio seasons, I do plan to start recording new material of my own this year. Billy in the Low Ground could be one of those tunes. I have my eye on several waltzes as well. When I get ready to start recording, I’ll create a new thread to ask for suggestions.

We’re doing some work on our studio right now, so it will be a month or two before I start recording again.

Thanks for chiming in, guys.

Cheers!

Casey

Devanny
      Participant

Hi Casey,
      I would definitely be interested in the Sligo Maid as its a tune I’ve been trying to get a handle on for a long time.
      Rogaire Dubh and Ballyhoura mountains would also get my vote.
      Regards
      D.

Devanny
      Participant

P..S
      Loving the latest tunes from Kevin Burke including the sound and video quality.
      D.

Casey Willis
        Keymaster

Hi, Devanny.

Thanks for the positive feedback on Kevin’s lessons. Sligo Maid is pending backup tracks, but RD and BM are ready to produce. I’ll bump them up to the top of Niall’s list.

Nellybaby
      Participant

HI Casey
      Love all the tunes but would like from Kevin
      The Flowers of Red Hill
      Paddys Return
      Lord Gordons

Love this website

Casey Willis
        Keymaster

Hi, NellyBaby.

Glad you’re enjoying the new tunes/the site.

Good news – Paddy’s Return and Paddy Fahey’s Reel are currently out to Kevin for review so they should be published soon.

I’ll put the other two you’ve requested next on the production list for Kevin.

C

KateB
      Participant

Wow, lots to choose from but my choices are: Joys of Quebec, Black Velvet Waltz, Mairi’s Wedding and the tutorial on bowing and shuffling.

Casey Willis
        Keymaster

Hi, Kate. Thanks for chiming in. Black Velvet, Mairi’s Wedding and Bowing & Shuffling have all already been published…just use the search feature in the menu to locate those lessons.

I’ll bump The Joys of Quebec on Patti’s production list.

All the best!!

C

Casey Willis
        Keymaster

Hi again, Kate.

Here is Joys of Quebec.

Enjoy!!

C

LarryThibert
      Participant

When will you be putting all the new sons on your web site fiddle video .com
      Larry Thibert

Casey Willis
        Keymaster

Hi, Larry.

Each of the tunes/lessons takes quite a bit of work to produce and review, so the lessons will be released over time. Right now, there are 5 tunes/lessons produced and in review. Those will be published as the instructors have time to provide any feedback/changes that need to be made.

Feel free to advocate for any specific tune you would like to be bumped up in the production list.

Cheers!

C

LarryThibert
        Participant

I am advocating songs from Andre Bruney especially his waltzes

davis1
      Participant

André …Reel du Forgeron ! Thanks!

Nellybaby
      Participant

Would love to have Kevin teaching Stensons1 and
      Stensons1 2 reels.-sometime.Also some more bowing exercises for Irish fiddle.
      Thanks

Nuala

Roland White

HI Nuala, Thanks for the input and we will pass these suggestions on to webmaster Casey and Fiddler Kevin. Glad to hear you like the site. Plenty more content to come as Casey produces the large inventory of tunes already on hand, not to mention a few new ones from Casey too. Thanks for chiming in.
      Roland Forum Moderator

Casey Willis
      Keymaster

Hi, Davis & Nuala.

I’ll pass Reel du Forgeron on to the guitar player we have working on Andre’s material…

I’ll bump up Stenson’s in the production queue for Kevin…he has a couple to review right now, but those should be up after that.

Cheers, and fiddle on!

C

Natty
      Participant

I enjoy the site, but not much call here in Montana for Quebecois style. I was wondering if you have considered teaching some Western Swing—Bob Wills, Spade Cooley, etc. would be fun to learn. Thanks.

Casey Willis
        Keymaster

Hi, Natty. Yes – I’d like to cut some swing style lessons for the project…that’s a great genre. I’m getting ready to start recording again here soon, but I have a bunch of waltzes and bluegrass-type stuff in mind for that…I hope to have time to cut that style in the future…might be easiest to just bring in an instructor from that style…all the best!

C

Roland White

HI Natty, thanks for the feedback . I’ll certainly pass that idea on to Casey although I bet he has thought of that and it might already be in the Big Plan. However in the meantime Casey has some Tune of Choice tunes in his lessons that are Rags and often times they are played swing style. You might try a few of those out and and I will pass your suggestion along to Casey. Have fun out there fiddling in Montana. Roland White , Forum Moderator,

Viewing 42 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.