Clog Fiddle – Hardanger Fiddle – Nyckelharpa

Home Forums Fiddle Lesson Forum General Fiddle Forum Topics Clog Fiddle – Hardanger Fiddle – Nyckelharpa

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      robhanson
      Participant

Maybe interesting to someone? Being that hardanger fiddle are hard to come by. I had one made, it took 6 months to be made. I final got the instrument and I love it. I also had a Nyckelharpa made which is even harder to get. Only took 8 months to have made. Just got that yesterday.

While on this journey I ran across a Clog Fiddle or Wooden Shoe Fiddle and looked into seeing if I could find a maker. I did find one in Sweden. The luthier had just finished making one. So I was lucky to get one. The instrument was hand made from a 100 year old wooden shoe.

It’s something to check out!

Kind Regards,
      Rob Hanson

Casey Willis
      Keymaster

Very cool on both counts, Rob. I’ve never heard of a clog fiddle before, but there’s a ton I don’t know about the fiddling that goes on in that neck of the woods. Have you checked out the Vasen Nyckelharpa player? Awesome stuff.

robhanson
      Participant

Hi Casey!

Sorry Its been some time. Thanks for sharing the video. I am having a great time learning these instruments. It keeps me busy!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.