Bitter Creek

Home Forums Fiddle Lesson Forum Bitter Creek

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      JWBrandon
      Participant

Would like to have lesson and sheet music on Bitter Creek. Been learning the tune out of The Fiddlers
      Fake book but seems to be missing some parts to it. Been listening to the song on bing videos and what i’m hearing doesn’t match what’s in the book. I know that a lot of players add their own version of the tune also and I’m sure that’s a big part of what I’m hearing.

Roland White

Hi JW, I will pass your suggestion on to FV webmaster Casey. I know that currently Casey has a huge backlog of new content he is editing and he is always planning on the next batch of tunes.

BTW love that tune and I have heard it played many styles from strictly a 2 part oldtime tune to a highly revised 4-5 part Texas Contest fiddle tune. It never matters which style I hear it as i like it however it is played and I’m happily surprised at all the different variations I have heard. YouTube might have some recordings for you too.

Thanks for your suggestion and happy fiddling. Roland Forum Moderator

JWBrandon
      Participant

Hey thanks for the feedback! I’ll check out YouTube as well.
      Wish all of you at Fiddle Videos a Merry Christmas and a blessed new year!

Casey Willis
      Keymaster

Good tune, JW. Added to the list for the future. RW is right…too many tunes not enough time!!!

C

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.