Better discussion software?

Home Forums Fiddle Lesson Forum Unfiddling Better discussion software?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Lisa Harper
      Participant

I’m pretty new here and maybe there is not much interest in Q&A or discussion by other members. The forum is lightly used and not great (sorry, I’m um a… techie. Please forgive me.) These days you can set up a really good “forum” by using Slack, Discord, Discourse, etc. very cheaply. I’ve found I’m a whole lot more engaged with my instrument when I can see others engaged in the same activity and it’s easy to connect. COVID has brought that into clear relief. Any chance fiddlevideo would make such an improvement?

Lisa

Casey Willis
      Keymaster

Hey, Lisa. Couldn’t agree more – the forum could use a refresh. I’ll have to learn something about those options.

Other folks who use this site – does anybody advocate one of the options Lisa listed over the others? I’ve never used any of them…

I’ll do some thinking. And other folks feel free to chime in.

C

Lightningie
      Participant

Discord is typically used for social gaming connection, but I can see discord possibly being used for this as well. I haven’t tried the other two.

Lisa Harper
        Participant

For whatever reason, David Benedict uses Discord to complement his Patreon site. I’m more familiar with Slack since a lot of tech companies use it. I’ve used free groups to facilitate communication in graduate classes that I teach.
        Lisa

Casey Willis
      Keymaster

Thanks for the input, guys. I’ll do some research on Discord to see if I think that would be a good solution/enhancement…stay tuned. Feel free to chime in with other thoughts, folks…

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.