Any other hearing impaired fiddlers out there?

Home Forums Fiddle Lesson Forum Unfiddling Any other hearing impaired fiddlers out there?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Andrea_S
      Participant

Anyone else on Fiddlevideo wear hearing aids? Any tips or tricks you’ve learned? I have to buy a new pair and I’m looking for the ones that will make me play perfectly in tune with great tone 😉
      I am pretty excited about newer technology such as being able to stream music directly into my ears from an iphone/ipad via Bluetooth – no headphones needed.

Andrea

• This topic was modified 6 years, 2 months ago by Andrea_S.
      Gordon
      Participant

Hi Andrea-
      I have been wearing hearing aids for about 3 yrs. now. When I first tried fiddling with the
      hearing aids in I would get a terrible sound in my ears. I wanted to continue wearing them so I
      could hear other musicians speak when jamming or performing. My Audiologist finally got a program
      from the hearing aid company to install to solve the problem. They said the sounds from the
      fiddle so close to the ears led to distortion as the programming in the hearing aids did not know
      how to deal with it.
      Can’t say as they have given me perfect intonation on the fiddle but I can say that the folks
      here at Fiddlevideo have helped my playing immensely!

Gordon

Casey Willis
        Keymaster

Thanks for the kind words, Gordon!

Best of luck, Andrea!

C

Andrea_S
      Participant

Thanks Gordon. I’ll keep your experience in mind when I get my new hearing aids this week. And I agree – Fiddlevideo is excellent!
      Andrea

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.