Writer of the tune Apple Blossom

Home Forums Fiddle Lesson Forum General Fiddle Forum Topics Writer of the tune Apple Blossom

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      lochnessk03
      Participant

I’m performing the tune Apple Blossom for a competition coming up soon. It is required that I name the name of the tune, the composer, and the person who arranged the song. I unfortunately could not find the name of the composer after I searched for it on the internet. Do you know who it might be? If so it would much appreciated if you could tell me ASAP.
      Thanks!

Casey Willis
      Keymaster

Hi there, Lochness. I was also unable to find a composer for this tune when I was researching. I think you’ll be stuck with “Traditional” as the composer. I would think that would be OK…keep us posted if you do identify a composer for the tune. Thanks!

Roland White

Hi Lochnessk, Forum moderator here chiming in. I love that tune and every time I see the music for it it says PD. Finally I found out that this means form the PUBLIC DOMAIN. I also think it is cool when a tune survives the composer and becomes a icon itself. When I heard how much the Texas Style fiddlers can change this tune around and all the ways it is played it truly is a masterpiece in my book. Have fun and good luck.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.