William E Hill violin, 1860 in for reair

Home Forums Fiddle Lesson Forum Fiddle Setup and Repair William E Hill violin, 1860 in for reair

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      DianeG
      Participant

You Did it!!!!!!! Thanks WS for setting this up. Flashnews: So Bob received this incredible violin into the shop a few days ago for restoration and setup. Unbelieve in workmanship, beautiful, golden-honey colored varnish, incredible choice of tone woods…..the vote is in. The tone of this fiddle is like a 1714 Strad I played on several years ago. Even with 15 year old Dominants on it, it sounded gorgeous!!!
      Then Bob reshaped the bridge, reshaped the sound post, did some peg work, fixed the after length and new Larson strings. Medium tension Larson Tzigane….this fiddle really sings and the G string….well that is what makes is fiddle so incredible. Not for sale for sure….it’s been in a family for over 70 years. Just getting a new set of clothes…LOL….and a new case for home. WS, this is the fiddle I would want in the way of tone. Bob is doing to do some research on W.E Hill. I bet it was made by the old man himself. Now get this…it will be used as a fiddle for Old-Time, Scottish and some light classical. The owner was so happy to get it back tonite and loved the improvements More when Bob gets some research done…well post.
      Stay tuned. Diane in SoCal

Wafflestomper
      Participant

What did I do? I think I just made a thread is all 🙂

That’s pretty cool though.. downside to something like that is that the sound will get into your head. It will infect you and nothing else will suffice *evil laugh*

Pretty cool to find something legit these days.. Will be waiting for updates.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.