Update on Hanneke's Recording Session

Home Forums Fiddle Lesson Forum Lessons in Production – Fiddle Tune Requests Update on Hanneke's Recording Session

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Casey Willis
      Keymaster

Howdy, Fiddlevideo members.

Just a note to let you all know that we cut guitar tracks for 13 of Hanneke’s latest lessons this past weekend. Those tunes are:

Neil Gow’s Lament for his Second Wife
      Colonel Thorton
      Trip to Walden Pond
      Dusky Meadow
      The Road to Errogie
      The Ides of March
      Cypress Jig
      Le Jig a Ti-Toine
      Cali’s Wedding
      The Evenstar
      Coilsfield House
      Jean’s Reel
      The Pasing Place

Also, we cut guitar tracks for some new lessons for me to teach. Those tunes are:

Cairo Waltz
      Mississippi Waltz
      Katelyn’s Waltz (original)
      Andre’s Reel (original)
      Beaumont Rag

So there y’all are…updated. Feel free to post comments if there is a tune or two that should rise to the top of the final production list…

Thanks!!

C

sabrina
      Participant

Thanks Casey for those wonderful news ! ; )

S.

Devanny
      Participant

Niel Gow’s Lament is a great tune..will look forward to getting stuck into that.
      Any up date on more from Kevin Burke?
      There was talk of another two tunes belonging to the Tuttles reel set, The bunch of green rushes and The Maids of Mitchelstown.

Thanks for all the hard work,
      Devanny.

Casey Willis
        Keymaster

Hi, Devanny.

You are correct…we have perhaps 20-30 more lessons from Kevin Burke which have been recorded already but not yet released.

The two you mention are high on the list to produce…as a matter of fact, let’s call them the next two to be released for K!

Bear with us as production takes a while for each lesson…but yep – you have those tunes to look forward to…

Peace!

C

Casey Willis
        Keymaster

Hi again, Devanny.

Just a note to say that both The Bunch of Green Rushes and The Maids of Mitchelstown are currently out for review to Kevin Burke. Once he’s signed off, those lessons will be published.

Cheers!!!

C

Devanny
      Participant

That’s great news.
      Thanks Casey.

Ron Davison
      Participant

Trip to Walden Pond is an amazing tune by Hanneke. Would love to see that up soon!

Thanks Casey great work as always.

Casey Willis
        Keymaster

Duly noted, sir!!

Casey Willis
        Keymaster

OK, Ron.

Trip to Waldon Pond is up next for Hanneke…stay tuned!

sabrina
      Participant

Hi Casey,

I’ve been thinking a lot but i can’t choose between the 3 i’d like to see published first so i put them and no matter the one, i’ll be very pleased ! :

– Jig Ati-toine

– Cypress Jig

– Passing Place

Thank you ! 🙂

S.

Casey Willis
        Keymaster

Awesome, Sabrina…stay tuned!!

Casey Willis
        Keymaster

OK, Sabrina.

Trip to Waldon Pond is up next for Hanneke, and then Jig a Ti-Toine. Cheers!!

sabrina
        Participant

Thank you Casey, you’re the best ! 🙂

With all of what you’re doing, i’m wondering if you can get some sleep sometimes….

S.

Csims
      Participant

Hi Casey,

Really excited for Jean’s Reel and The Road to Errogie!

Thanks for all your hard work. I met Kevin Burke at Goderich, Ontario last week. He was one of my teachers for the week, such a great teacher and he shared many wonderful stories and great analogies for learning to play fiddle. We both shared all the positive features of your website. Hopefully you might get some more recruits!

Keep the tunes coming, not that I can learn them that fast!

Carol

Casey Willis
        Keymaster

Hi, Carol – those Hanneke tunes are great…can’t wait to get them released!

Cool to hear you were able to connect with Kevin…he is truly a treasure…and thanks for the positive vibes about the site!

C

Ban
      Participant

Hi Casey, I have fallen in love with Hector the Hero, but it cuts off saying it is not properly coded, Can this be fixed. Thanks so much.
      It is taught by Hanneke Cassel.

Casey Willis
        Keymaster

Howdy, Ban.

Thx for the note. Traveling right now but will recode those vids here by the end of the week.

On what device are you experiencing the freeze? That will help me in figuring out what the issue might be.

Cheers!!

C

FiddleMouse
      Participant

I am so thrilled about Hanneke’s newest recorded lessons… not just because she is teaching them, but also because I have wondered what some of these exact tunes would sound like when played with her magic touch! And I am thrilled about her original tunes that she is teaching too. Thank you so so much!

Casey Willis
        Keymaster

You bet, FM! Welcome back to the site!!

C

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.