Update on Production

Home Forums Fiddle Lesson Forum Update on Production

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Casey Willis
      Keymaster

Howdy, fellow fiddlers.

Just an update to say that after wrapping up a very productive recording session with Hanneke Cassel last week, we’re now working on producing a multiple video lesson series on FIDDLE CHOPPING from the latest addition to the Fiddlevideo Instructor team, Niall Murphy.

Niall’s chopping series features multiple camera angles and multiple techniques…can’t wait to release these lessons, folks! Yep, as members to this site, you have new content to look forward to….

Then we’re back to the grind producing the massive backlog of tune lessons from Hanneke, Kevin, Patti, André, and Niall.

All the best from me and the rest of the instructors!

Stay tuned…and STAY TUNED!!

C

sabrina
      Participant

Thanks Casey, can’t wait to see that !! I’m sure i’ll chop like a pro after working on Niall’s tutorial ;).

S.

Blossom
      Participant

I have to say this news is AWESOME!! Both with new stuff from Hanneke and the chop lessons. Chopping is a definite art -as with the likes of Casey Driessen, so I’m super-anxious to see what Niall shows us. Folks around where I live just don’t get it. It’s not just a downbeat, it turns the violin into a groovy percussive instrument. It’s the groove that makes a song great. Hanneke knows this. I’m even looking to buy a bodhran because I love exploring this groove thing. Chopping takes the violin to a new level in my eyes. Oh, I’m so looking forward to this!

Casey Willis
        Keymaster

Cool, Blossom ????

Yep, I may have to do some studying and work up my chopping….what a cool technique, and I am truly a beginner in this area!!

Cool also on the bodhran thing as well….I was really intrigued by Niall’s backup tracks for Sporting Paddy…his bodhran work is really nice…more backing tracks from Niall on some (not all) of his lessons going forward. Cheers!

C

Casey Willis
      Keymaster

You bet, guys.

These lessons are shaping up to be quite the tutorial series…I’m really digging what I’m seeing so far. Niall teaches basic all the way up to some really advanced chopping techniqes. And you’ll have a tune recorded at three different speeds to practice each different variation with…cool stuff.

I think I might have to learn how to chop when I get a chance!!

I look forward to publishing the series soon!

C

dwagner
      Participant

Exciting. Just need to find more time to learn and practice.

Casey Willis
        Keymaster

I hear that, Doug…It’s tough for me to find time to edit – much less play…

I just finished editing Niall’s chopping series tonight, and they are headed Niall’s way for review…Should be posted soon…

Casey Willis
      Keymaster

…and we’re published! Now back to the regularly scheduled new tune releases…

Fiddle Chopping Online Lesson Series

Cheers!

C

sabrina
      Participant

Thanks Casey ! I’m so excited to learn that bowing technique from Niall M.

S.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.