Tune Request

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Ron Davison
      Participant

This is one that I’m sure a lot of folks would like to see you teach Casey. I know I would. It’s a great tune.

This is my second year on the site and the better I get the more I can appreciate just how talented all of you are.

Thanks for all the great lessons. Keep-em coming.

Happy Fiddling.

Casey Willis
      Keymaster

Hi Ron, and thanks for the kind words, sir. Which song are you hoping I’ll teach? Maybe I’m not seeing a link since I’m checking this on a phone….

Looking forward to hearing back. Thanks for your loyalty to the site, by the way. I’m glad to hear you are finding value and improving your playing!!

Ron Davison
      Participant

Well, I see that it did not get on there. The name of the tune is “Say old Man can you play the fiddle”

Guess I should check my post closer.

Thanks, also I’m starting to work through the advanced lessons for several of the tunes. There is a real quality to the way you have arranged the tunes and the lessons are great. You got some chops man.

Casey Willis
      Keymaster

OK. I recorded that way back 25 years ago…I’ll have to work you up a good version. That’s a good, driving Texas-style tune.

I’m currently prioritizing editing 16 additional Kevin Burke lessons. I also recently recorded a lesson for Whiskey Before Breakfast, so I’ll edit that and get it on the site…but after all that, I’ll record Say Old Man next, sir. It’s first on my list once I’ve freed up some studio time.

Thanks again for the kind words. I agree, it is easier to appreciate just how tough playing the fiddle can be once you’ve tried your hand at it for a while. I’m fortunate enough to have had the opportunity to practice tons as a kid…now I’ve just got to try to keep the chops up!!!

Stay tuned! (and in tune 😉

Ron Davison
      Participant

That is great Casey, I’m looking forward to seeing your arrangement of it. Also looking forward to Whiskey Before Breakfast, that is one of the standards we play at jam sessions. Between you, Hanneke and Kevin there are so many good lessons it’s hard to decide what to work on. Working on the advanced lessons has really helped me get better. People have noticed. With no music to fall back on you really have to listen and get the licks in your head and that has helped me memorize the tunes faster. it’s nice to be able to jam with people without having to have a ton of music with you.

Cheers

Casey Willis
        Keymaster

That’s great, Ron. Glad to hear of your progress and the feedback you’ve been receiving from other musicians, sir. Stay in touch!

Casey Willis
        Keymaster

Hi again, Ron. I posted the Whiskey Before Breakfast lesson tonight. Thanks for your patience. Enjoy!!!

And feel free to let me know what you think of it, sir!

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.