Tune request for Kevin

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      RegisM
      Participant

I’ve been dying to learn the “Green Fields of Woodford” and “The Strayaway Child”. I’ve learned both, but I’m having trouble giving it that OOMPH, you know?

Roland White

Hi Regis, I hear you about putting that OOMPH in tunes, especially ones just learned. For me it sometimes helps to take the ornaments out of the tune, or at least the ones I have trouble with in the tune and this allows me to put more emphasis on places that allow for stronger rhythmic drive. Sometimes mixing up busy sections with longer notes will also give some dynamic changes. More than anything listening to how my favorite players get that groove and drive into the tunes, until It starts to work for my tunes. This comes slowly so keep at it and let us know how its going for you, and thanks for posting on the forums.

Casey Willis
      Keymaster

Hi, Regis. I’ll pose these two to Kevin the next time we get him in the studios. He’s on tour for much of this year, so I don’t have a date set for a new recording session. I just wanted to let you know that your requests will be on the tune list from which he chooses to record. Thanks, sir!

70+ new lessons coming in 2016, and a new fiddle instructor as well….AWESOME STUFF!!

RegisM
      Participant

Casey, thank you. This site is awesome.

Roland White

Hi Regis, Now that Casey has the Looper and Slow downer on Video I think it will really help you find where the accents and drive come in a tune to help you get that OOMPH into the tune you were looking for. Have fun with it and let us know how it goes for your learning curve. Thanks for liking the site.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.