Tune Request

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Robert Thompson
      Participant

How about “Sleepy Maggie”.

Casey Willis
      Keymaster

Hi, Robert. Do you have a link to a performance you could share, sir?

Pat Willey
      Participant

Robert, would this title be the same tune as ‘Drowsey Maggie’, or is it different?

Roland White

Hi Pat and Casey, Sleepy Maggie is different than Drowsey Maggi. Sleepy Maggie is more on the Scottish side of Celtic and Drowsey Maggie is more on the Irish side of Celtic. Lots of examples of both tunes on YouTube. Cheers, Roland

• This reply was modified 7 years, 3 months ago by Roland White.
      tdemaet
      Participant

Hello Casey,
      I have just joined. I searched for months at on-line instructors. I like the Texas-style that you demonstrate.
      Would love to learn Cheyenne by Kenny Baker.
      Thanks,
      Tonna

• This reply was modified 7 years, 2 months ago by tdemaet.
        Casey Willis
        Keymaster

Hi, Tonna. First off, THANKS for joining! That’s a good bluegrassy suggestion. I’m hoping to bring in a Bluegrass player later on this year, but I don’t know for sure.

This is a year of transition for the site as we are constructing a new studio and my time will be much more available later on in the year to work on this site. I’ll take a look at that tune myself if I don’t end up bringing in a new teacher. It will be later on in the year that it would get recorded, if it does…we just have too many new lessons not yet published from Hanneke, Patti and Kevin for me to spend time recording myself for the first half of the year.

Thanks again, and stay tuned!

C

tdemaet
      Participant

Hello Casey,
      Worked on the advanced Tennessee Waltz today. The AB looping helps for practicing repetition.
      I probably should request Amazing Grace in G after today! I had to repeat to myself…remember, this is fun, this is fun, this is fun…
      I like to play along with you so I can look at the bowing. Now to try it independently.
      Thanks for the information and for your work on the videos.
      Take care,
      T

Casey Willis
        Keymaster

Awesome, Tonna.

I’ll add that to the running list. It will be later this year before I get a chance to record a lesson, but that’s certainly a good one. Thx for the suggestion!

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.