Swing

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Blossom
      Participant

I’m really digging the Canada Day Swing tune from Patti. Can we get more like this with the Jazzy swing feel?

Casey Willis
      Keymaster

I hear that, Blossom. That’s my fav of Patti’s so far as well. My brother, Peter Willis, is playing a 1956 Gibson L7 arch top jazz guitar on that track. It’s fairly sweet. There is another lesson in the pipeline from Patti called “Pat’s Country”. It’s pretty swingy, too. I’m in the middle of mixing a different lesson, but how about I bump Pat’s Country up to be the best lesson produced?? Sound good?

I also had Pete record guitar background tracks for Cottonpatch Rag and Beaumont Rag the last time he was in the studio…I just need to find time to cut those lessons…I’ve been focused on producing the other teachers’ work recently.

Thanks for the input, and keep fiddling!

Casey

Blossom
      Participant

Awesome, thanks! By the name, it sounds like she wrote that one too. Truthfully, the tunes I seem to like the most are the ones ya’all have written.

Casey Willis
        Keymaster

I’m not sure if she wrote it…I’ll learn when I edit the lesson. Appreciate the kind words. Should be out there in a couple of weeks. I’ll post back here when it is. Thanks!

Casey Willis
      Keymaster

Hey there again. Sorry for the bit of a delay…Pat’s Country is now published. What do you think??

Pat’s Country Canadian Fiddle Lesson

Blossom
      Participant

Love it! Thank you.

Pat Willey
      Participant

Thanks to both of you (Casey and Blossom) for directing me to the tune ‘Pat’s County’. It is a really nice tune, and as Patti says in the Basic instruction intro, it is reminiscent of ‘Faded Love’. I also hope we can get more Western Swing into the lesson library.

Without the Forum, I don’t think I would have quickly found this tune.

Thanks again to both of you!

Casey Willis
        Keymaster

You bet, Pat. You can always click on the “View All Lessons” tab to see the most recent posts. Couldn’t agree more on getting more of these swingy tunes up on the site. I’ll have to look through the rest of Patti’s we have yet to edit…maybe there’s another gem in there!

Working on Cotton Patch Rag right now, but my version is more of a contest-style/flashy tune rather than a swingy one…

Fiddle on, sir!!

C

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.