Suggestion for a Haaneke Cassel tutorial

Home Forums Fiddle Lesson Forum General Fiddle Forum Topics Suggestion for a Haaneke Cassel tutorial

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      FiddleMouse
      Participant

I would love to see Hanneke do a video about how to develop the really expressive bow swells that she does. I think that is central to her sound and and I am sure lots of us would like concrete instruction on how to develop that skill over time.

Roland White

hi FiddleMouse,

Thanks for the suggestion of a more detailed Bow Tutorial from Hanneke. The art of the bow is, I think the biggest challenge in Fiddle/Violin and I always watch closely advanced players to observe their techniques.

Bow Pressure, Bow Articulation, Bow Speed are the main influences applied to the bow and I marvel when I hear the swelling of a note or softening of a tonal quality that gives more expression to playing. Hand wrist and fingers play an important role in bow control and is very subtle in advanced players. Casey will process your request and thank you so much for your suggestion. Fiddle on! Roland Moderator

Casey Willis
      Keymaster

Good idea. I’ll add it to her request list for the next time she’s in-studio.

C

FiddleMouse
        Participant

Thank you! Her bowing is so unique and rich!

FiddleMouse
      Participant

Is Hanneke going to do a tutorial for Diana’s Waltz?

Casey Willis
        Keymaster

I will add that to her request list now, FiddleMouse. She can pick from those the next time she heads back into the studio. Thanks!

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.