Home Forums Fiddle Lesson Forum Song Request

Viewing 17 reply threads
  • Author
      Sunbreaker8898
      Participant

I’d like to hear Kevin or Niall do The Wonder Hornpipe

Sunbreaker8898
      Participant

Update: never mind. It looks like Niall already did it. I’m just an idiot xD

maclaura
      Participant

I’d love to learn this song…The High Drive if anyone is up for teaching;) These two tunes pair so well together.

…it comes in at 1:54, just after Jenny Dang Weaver

Casey Willis
        Keymaster

Nice, Maclaura.

So much energy in this video! I’ll add it to Hanneke’s request list…she may teach it!

Badreyyah Alireza
      Participant

Hi
      I am looking for Morrison’s jig. Can’t find tutorial.

Thanks Badria

savanctil
      Participant

I’d love to learn Orange Blossom Special. Hopefully a tutorial could be done.

Joseph Ostrowski
      Participant

Wayfaring Stranger, please. Thanks

Asher Szperling
      Participant

would be amazing to see kevins version of this, the cup of tea reel,

this video is my favourite recording of it this guy just has some sort of energy about him

Martin Brown
      Participant

I would like to make a request to learn “A Song for All Seasons” I watched a video of Patti Kusturak perform this piece with several other fiddlers on utube from January of 2019. It was the 15th day of 365 days of fiddle tunes. The piece is exremely moving and would like to play it myself. Ive digested sevferal songs from FiddleVideo and would like to add this to my repetoire. Thank You,

Jackson Boylan
      Participant

Patti…..How about some Andy DeJarlis tunes…..Red River Blues and Blueridge Mountain Home….???

Martin Brown
      Participant

Would also love to learn above all else Franz Schubert’s String Quintet in C major Adagio If heaven were a sound or The entrance to Heaven.

Casey Willis
      Keymaster

Good suggestions, Martin and Jackson…they are added to the running request list for future sessions.

Patti will definitely record Red River Blues the next time she’s in the studio. Megan did record a tune called Blue Ridge Cabin Home, but perhaps that’s a different tune than Blue Ridge Mountain Home?? If we ever add a classical instructor, that Schubert composition would be a great choice…but it’s a little outside the fiddle approach!

All the best!

C

Martin Brown
      Participant

One last request please. Jack of Diamonds aka Drunken Hiccups aka Rye Whiskey

Casey Willis
        Keymaster

Another great cross tune…I’ll pitch it to Megan, Martin.

Paul Harmon
      Participant

I would like to learn Bully of the Town

Casey Willis
        Keymaster

Hi, Paul. Added to the running list, sir! It’s kinda Texasy/swingy…maybe a Megan tune. Or Patti might know it. Cheers!

Austin Lindsay
      Participant

I would like to learn John Henry. Thank you for providing such amazing lessons!

Casey Willis
        Keymaster

Hi, Ausin. I’ve added that tune to the running request list…too many tunes and not enough time! But perhaps one of our instructors will record a lesson on this one in the future, sir. Cheers!

Amanda Rankin
      Participant

Hi! I’d love to know what tune is played at the end of the videos? If it’s not already on here, I’d love a tutorial. Thanks 🙂

Casey Willis
        Keymaster

Hi, Amanda. Apologies for missing this comment…just now seeing it. If it’s the tune that plays at the majority of the lessons, it is an original composition by Hanneke Cassel titled “The Glass Case of Emotion”.

You can learn the tune here: The Glass Case of Emotion

If it’s a tune at the end of one of Andre’s or Niall’s lessons, those are different…just let me know if so.

Amanda Rankin
        Participant

That’s it! Cheers!

Jane Pfeil
      Participant

Would love to learn Natalie McMaster’s Volcanic Jig

Casey Willis
        Keymaster

Good call, Jane. If we can’t get Natalie to join, perhaps it would fall into Hanneke’s wheelhouse…I’ll add it to the running request list.

Diego Murphy
      Participant

I would request Run for the Summer by Casey Willis!

Willem de Bruijne
      Participant

Saturday night at the Hoedown ! [Blue Ridge Partners , Fiddle SOLO, by Tommy Malbouth, NC. ( SHEET Music ??? ..! ) ]
      Saturday night at the Twist and Shout (Mary Chapin Carpenter , she Jumps of the Stage ; with Ur nashville capo system maybe in another KEY , for manly voice ? ).

• This reply was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by Willem de Bruijne. Reason: "on" must be "at" ..LOL
Viewing 17 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.