Search or Customized page

Home Forums Fiddle Lesson Forum Unfiddling Search or Customized page

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Dana
      Participant

Hi,

This site is wonderful, particularly the content. But it would be nice to have a search. I’m working on a few songs here, and every time I have to hunt through the listings by author or music type to get to those tunes to listen to the lesson again. Or I could bookmark them, but after awhile that is going to be a bit of a pain to maintain.

What would be really great is if each member has their own customized page where we could check a tune to show up on a dashboard, then when done with the tune uncheck it.

That’s not too hard to do on sites depending on what programming languages or platforms you’re using.

Thank you!

Casey Willis
      Keymaster

Hi there, Dana. I’ve had this same thought recently, what with over 70 full lessons now available on this site (not counting the technique videos). We’ve tried to make the navigation intuitive for subscribers, but we’re getting to the point where it is a little cumbersome, just given the sheer number of videos up on the site.

I’ve researched and think we can enable a search widget while blocking out results which we don’t want to show. I’ll get that going here in the next week or so, I hope. Thanks for the suggestion!!

Dana
      Participant

Yes, if you are using WP as a backend, there are a lot of good search widgets out there that allow you to leave directories and files out of the search.

Thank you!

Casey Willis
      Keymaster

You bet. Working on it now. Not super happy with the visual, but I’ll tweak it and figure out how to remove the search box from mobile display…almost there!

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.