Ryan Mc Kasson

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      sabrina
      Participant

I just made a topic but apparently it didn’t appeared on the forum so here i go again. (Sorry if it’s somewhere and that i didn’t see it)

I recently discovered Ryan Mc Kasson, fantastic Scottish fiddle’s player : i found him on youtube because he’s playing with Hanneke. Here is website : www. ryanmckasson.com

At the “KVMR Celtic festivel 2015”, Ryan played this wonderful reel : “Eric Mc Donald’s”, along with Elias Alexander and Colin Cotter. Do you know where i could find the sheet please ? (i tried the session but didn’t find it).

Also, do you know what he and Hanneke are playing here, from 5.09 to 6.42 ? (Bandon, Oregon, 2008)https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptd9paTkMI8
      i just love it…they are doing a wonderful job.

Thanks,
      Sabrina

sabrina
      Participant

Sorry, i forgot to put the link for “Eric Mc Donald’s reel” : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0JgzRGt5rw

S.

Casey Willis
        Keymaster

Hi, Sabrina. Cool info on the collaboration with Ryan. I’ll send this to Hanneke and see if she can provide us with some info…stay tuned.

C

Hanneke Cassel
      Participant

Hey Sabrina!
      Yes… Ryan is a phenomenal fiddler and a close friend of mine. Glad you got to see him at the KVMR Fest (also, one of the best festivals!)

The tune we are playing from 5.09 to 6.42 is “Farewell to Tchernobyl” by Michel Ferry. I recorded it on my first album “My Joy”.

Check out Ryan’s website: http://www.ryanmckasson.com/ He might have info. for you about “Eric McDonald’s”.

Good luck and happy listening!
      -Hanneke

sabrina
      Participant

Thank you very much Casey and Hanneke for your answers !!

Yes, Ryan is a wonderful fiddle’s player : and i think that you play amazing together, bunch of energy, great feeling.

I didn’t have the chance to see him on the KVMR Celtic Festival though : i live in France, i never went to USA (but hopefully, i will !). I just checked all his videos on YT and saw “Eric Mc Donald’s”. I’ll go on his website.

Thanks again !!
      Sabrina

martheine.ludwig
      Participant

You can slow down the YouTube recording if you want to learn it slowly by ear and listen to it half time by clicking on the gear wheel in the lower right hand corner of the screen. Then you click the “speed” button and can adjust it where you want it.

Please note that this might not work on an iphone device. It works on my desktop but not my smartphone.

Blessings,
      Martheine

sabrina
      Participant

Thanks Martheine, i already have “Amazing slow downer” to slow the tunes and i also have VCL media player to slow the videos but, for now, i must admitt that i need sheets.

Thanks for your answer !

Sabrina

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.