PR: Across the black river

Home Forums Fiddle Lesson Forum General Fiddle Forum Topics PR: Across the black river

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      RegisM
      Participant

I’ve uploaded myself playing across the black river, or an attempt anyway. It doesn’t sound nearly as good as other people, but its me never the less. This is on a violin with a custom chinrest, no shoulder rest, a john paul fusion composite core bow, and titanium solo strings.

It took me about 15 days to get to that point and I haven’t played this song for a while. I’ve since moved on to other tunes.

Casey Willis
      Keymaster

Regis, this is great! You really captured Kevin’s spirit and approach, in my opinion. Keep it up, sir! Let’s hear some other tunes…

Singalong
      Participant

Nice job! I love the clean sound of your violin and bow. Cool tag at the end 🙂

Roland White

Hi Regis, Nice to hear you step out and share your newly learned tune. Nicely played with steady rhythm and well timed ornaments, cleanly played. Keep up the good work and share often, I think it will bring more of us out to share with each other on Fiddle Video. Best regards, Roland

ulla_petersen
      Participant

Looking forward to hearing more from you! 🙂

RegisM
      Participant

Attached to this post you’ll find my progress on the orphan. I got the notes down, but for some reason (probably due to the piece meal way I learned this tune), I am unable to play it the same way each time I play it.

I’ve also attached a tune i’ve learned from my teacher, Brendan Mulvihill (an Irish fiddler local to here). There is no swing beat to it yet, that was me just playing the notes. This song has a heavy swing beat to it!. Check out my soundcloud page. I recorded him playing it the way its meant to be played!

Also note that this was on a cheapy Kennedy Violins “Guiliani Etude” violin with Warchal Brilliant synthetic strings with a carbon core bow. What do I know, I just picked up the fiddle a year ago… 😛

Enjoy.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 11 months ago by RegisM.
      ulla_petersen
      Participant

Thanks a lot 🙂 I think I will play some Irish tunes, too.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.