Paddy Fahey tunes request (Kevin)

Home Forums Fiddle Lesson Forum Lessons in Production – Fiddle Tune Requests Paddy Fahey tunes request (Kevin)

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      sal
      Participant

I’m a huge Paddy Fahey fan and would love to learn more of his tunes. Thank you.

Casey Willis
      Keymaster

Hi, Sal. I just sent you an email, but hadn’t seen this post yet. I’ll pass along your request to Kevin for the next time he is in studio. Thanks!

sal
      Participant

Hi Casey,
      Got your e-mail of March 25 and are you talking about Paddy Fahey’s jig that has already been posted? Paddy’s a funny guy, he’s written about 50 tunes and they’re all called
      Paddy Fahey’s. I was hoping for a reel this time. Maybe in F or Bb.

You’re a great teacher Casey. I’ve learned things from you that I never thought I’d be able to do.

Thanks for the website!

Casey Willis
        Keymaster

Hi, Sal. Yes – sorry for the confusion. I was referring to the lesson already posted. I will pitch more Paddy Fahey tunes to Kevin for future sessions…

Thanks for your support!

-C

Roland White

HI Sal, Yes that is a problem with the Paddy Fahey tunes, I just wish someone would number them. There are several Irish players that have written a lot of tunes and they are all called by the players name just like Paddy. One that comes to mind are the Sean Ryan Tunes, i.e. Sean Ryan’s Dream, Sean Ryan’s Reel, Sean Ryan’s whatever. Another name that comes to mind is the Crowley tunes, Reels Jigs, and many more. I always try to add the name of the player I learned a tune from if I don’t have the exact name and it is one of the many composed by the same player. Just so I have a reference in my brain to remember the tune next time. Thanks for chiming in on the Forum. We appreciate your feedback and really glad you love the site. Fiddle On, Best regards, Roland Moderator

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.