New Tune Requests

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      David Evans
      Participant

Hi Casey – I am learning a couple of new tunes that I think others may enjoy too. Debbie’s Waltz by Graham Townsend and Weeping Hearts by Howdy Forrester. I would love to have hear your input and thoughts. Please consider adding these to your online lessons. Thanks David

Roland White

HI David, Roland White Forum Moderator chiming in on your request for 2 new tunes. Casey will have to chime in on that as he receives quite a few and has to juggle his studio time with priority items first But I will say I took a moment to listen to them on YouTube and they are beautiful tunes. I was able to find several artists playing them and some quite well. I did find a Graham Townsend posting of Debbie’s Waltz, and several of others playing the Howdy Forrester tune. Until Casey chimes in with you that is a good place to start by listening to others play those tunes, I bet if you listen close you will start picking up on the tunes and over time will get a pretty good feel for them and ready learn more when its available. Thanks for posting on the forum, check back with us often and let us know how you’re doing. Thanks for being a part of FiddleVideo.

Casey Willis
      Keymaster

Hi, David, and thanks for the suggestions. I have a running list of song requests, and I’ll add these to the mix to check out before my next session. I’m always a big fan of waltzes!! Looking forward to hearing these ones. Do you have any links you can post for us to hear?

David Evans
      Participant

Above is a link to the Howdy Forrester song – The Weeping Heart played by Patti Kusturok.

Here is a link to Debbie’s Waltz

Happy Fiddling!

Casey Willis
        Keymaster

Excellent, DKevens. I’m happy to tell you that there will be no problem in recording at least the first tune….Guess who we have scheduled for a studio session in March?? That’s right – the great Patti Kusturok. I will ensure that it makes the list of songs to record. So you can look forward to this tune in that lesson set. How’s that for a solution???

I also took a listen to Debbie’s waltz. I like it. It’s simple, and yet it feels like I need to tackle it and really build out the double stops, especially in the second part. I’ll add it to the list to record, but I fear that with the other material we have of Kevin Burke’s in process and Patti’s session, it may be some time before I get back in the studio myself.

Good suggestions!!

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.