New member !!

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      sabrina
      Participant

Hi !

I just signed up for an annual membership and wanted to introduce myself on the forum before to post on the different topics.

My name is Sabrina : i’m French. I’m 32 and started fiddle 2 years and a half ago. I’m a fiddle addict and i play a lot every day. But, i never had a true method for my learning and my violin teacher, who is a classical ttained, told me that i need more method because i can play but i have difficulties to put the rhytmic articulations on the tunes : it doesn’t “sound” fiddling when i play.

I love irish music but i must admit that my heart goes to the Scottish fiddling (Of course, i admire Hanneke Cassel but who doesn’t ??). I love Cape Breton’s fiddler’s : Natalie Mc Master and her husband Donnell Leahy are my favorites.

I chose Fiddlevideo.com because i think that all the instructors do a fantastic job and that’s what i’m looking forward : learning from the best teachers.

I’m also delighted to know that i have a forum where i can talk to other fiddlers and where i can ask questions.

I’m truly happy to be a new member !

Sabrina

Casey Willis
      Keymaster

That’s great, Sabrina! Thanks both for joining and posting. We’re excited to have folks from all over the world learning here. I really hope that having the ability to play along with our instructors will help get you to sounding more “fiddlish”…Hanneke and Kevin talk quite a bit about feel and groove in their lessons.

I think you have quite a few of fellow fiddle addicts here, and I hope that you are able to connect with a few of them.

Welcome to the site!!

C

Roland White

Hi Sabrina, Welcome to the site. We love Fiddle Addicts, I’m one too. Great folks here and a lot of them feel like you do for learning so keep at it and I’m sure you will be sounding like a fiddler real soon. Thanks for letting us know a bit about you. You mentioned some of my favorites Donnell and Natalie, well what can you say after you hear them. Unbelievable and now they have a flock of young ones all playing and dancing along.

Again welcome, Roland Forum moderator

sabrina
      Participant

Thank you very much for your kind messages !

Roland, yes i saw Natalie’s and Donnell’s children playing and we can say that the next generation is full of promise ! Those two are great artists and they seem to be so down to earth.

I’m going to start with one of Casey’s lessons : the Swallowtail jig. I like this one and it will help me to work my jig bowing in 6/8.

S.

Roland White

Hi Sabrina, Well that is great tune to select with a lot of jig rhythms in the bowing. I think you will enjoy that. Have fun and let us know how you’re doing. R

GailNH
      Participant

Hello, You will love this site and all the tunes each instructor has to offer. Hope you
      enjoy it as much as I do.

sabrina
      Participant

Thank you Gailnh !!

I already enjoy it a lot actually, it’s a fantastic website and i only regret that i didn’t know it before. Great instructors, a lot of different lessons with different styles.

And i appreciate to have the sheet music for the basic melodies even if the videos are very detailed.

S.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.