Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      GailNH
      Participant

Hi, my name is Gail, I needed something to focus on after the death of my husband and my daughter. First challenge was to learn to read the notes. I have been trying to teach myself thru books with cds in them. I really enjoy playing, and really want to improve and learn some of the techniques that just really make a tune sound better, and hopefully get more confident in my playing. I have been working on trying to memorize some tunes to be able to at some point join in a few fiddle jams that are in my area.

I have a few tunes already on the site here that I want to start to work on later tonite.
      I can’t wait to get started!

Casey Willis
      Keymaster

Hi, Gail, and welcome! Sorry to hear of your losses, but happy you stumbled on our site as a resource.

Pick a few good tunes and dive into lessons. Fiddle is a really tough instrument, so don’t get discouraged. It takes a bunch of practice and more importantly TIME for it all to click.

I’ll be excited to hear of your progress…keep us posted!

GailNH
        Participant

Thank you for the welcome Casey, actually I have been this evening working on the tune Jerusalem Ridge, Im taking a section at a time, I like this tune a lot, but I think the last part is going to take a lot of practice. I’m going to try to track my own progress by using my webcam. I think that will be fun if I do it each week, so I can actually see any progress being made.

Casey Willis
        Keymaster

That’s a great idea, Gail. Feel free to post a video to YouTube and link it here in the forum so we can see the end result!!

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.