New Instructor in 2017 – André Brunet!!!

Home Forums Fiddle Lesson Forum New Instructor in 2017 – André Brunet!!!

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      Casey Willis
      Keymaster

Hi, Fiddlevideo members!

We have some exciting news to share. We are expanding the Fiddlevideo instructor roster by adding Quebecois fiddler, André Brunet, later this year. André will be in our studios in May, and we expect to have the first batch of his lessons out later in the year.

André will be a great addition to the site, and we’re really excited to bring this new value to our members. You can learn more about André at http://andrebrunet.com/. Also, make sure to check out some YouTube clips of his playing. He is simply awesome.

Thanks, and if you have any suggestions for us to pitch to André, feel free to add them in this thread.

Here’s to a great 2017!

Casey

fabienne
      Participant

Hello,

this is a really good news !!

Roland White

Hi Casey, Great News to hear Andre is amazing. Thanks for the update… Roland

Gordon
      Participant

Hi Casey- Great to hear of Andre as a new instructor. I have seen some of his Youtube videos
      and enjoy his fiddling style.
      Gordon

sabrina
      Participant

Hi Casey,

Wonderful news for FV members !!

S.

FiddleMouse
      Participant

A little while back I requested Valse de Chef du Gare for Kevin Burke, but the album I bought the mp3 from does not specify in the iTunes description whether it was recorded by Kevin Burke or Andre Brunet… they were both on that album… but whoever recorded that one, I would love a tutorial on it. I taught myself the basic melody by ear fairly quickly, but am having trouble with the ornaments and double stops.

Casey Willis
      Keymaster

OK, Fiddlemouse. I’ll add it to the list for Andre. The name makes me think it might be an Andre tune…I’ll ask him. Thanks!!

FiddleMouse
        Participant

thanks Casey!

Casey Willis
        Keymaster

Hi again, Fiddlemouse. I checked with Andre regarding that tune….he said that he wrote it and might be able to remember how to play it 😉

It’s on his list to potentially record a lesson covering the tune in May. There you go!!

Cheers!

C

FiddleMouse
      Participant

Good to know. Thanks Casey!

fan6@mac.com
      Participant

Well okay! I’m a fan of Québécois so this is good.

Casey Willis
      Keymaster

Update – one of the things Andre is known for is his foot rhythms as he plays. We’re discussing the best way for him to teach this skill as a separate lesson…we may also include a video inset (like the left hand inset) which would show his footwork during his performance videos. We’ll see how this all works out, but I figured I’d let folks know what we’re planning. Fun stuff!!

C

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.