New Casey Lessons

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      Casey Willis
      Keymaster

Hi folks. I had a chance to do some recording over the past week and cut lessons on the below tunes. Lessons to be posted once we get through production! Feel free to comment if you would like a tune moved to the front of the production queue.

Don’t let your deal go down
      Soppin the gravy
      Uncle Herman’s hornpipe
      Tug boat
      Sleepy Jesus rag
      Done gone
      Wheel hoss
      Durang’s Hornpipe
      Ostinelli Hornpipe/Reel
      Butterfly Waltz
      Jim & Judy’s Wedding Waltz
      Carnival Waltz

Cheers!

C

uncleted
      Participant

Hey Casey, I am curious about the butterfly waltz, who wrote this? Tried to find it and only found the title by Brian Crain!
      Thanks
      UT

Casey Willis
        Keymaster

Hi, UT.

Yes – Brian composed that tune. It’s not really a contest waltz, but it’s a great melody. It would be a really nice film score track. My brother, Peter, just cut the guitar backup for that tune yesterday. Moving forward on getting all of these new lessons produced…stay tuned.

Here is Brian playing the tune:

uncleted
      Participant

Thanks, it is a sweet tune, curious to hear your version!!!
      UT

Anonymous
      Inactive

I’d love to work on Durang’s Hornpipe!

Casey Willis
        Keymaster

Sounds good, Grace. We’ll bump Durang’s up to the top of the production list. The Butterfly Waltz will be next up, UT.

Cheers!

Casey Willis
        Keymaster

Hi again, Grace. In case you missed it, we recently published Durang’s Hornpipe.

Enjoy!

Casey Willis
      Keymaster

The final listing of tunes/lessons I recorded in this session is below:

Don’t Let Your Deal Go Down
      Soppin the Gravy
      Uncle Herman’s Hornpipe
      Tug Boat
      Sleepy Jesus Rag
      Done Gone
      Wheel Hoss
      Durang’s Hornpipe
      Ostinelli Hornpipe/Reel
      The Butterfly Waltz
      Jim & Judy’s Wedding Waltz
      Carnival Waltz
      Old Dangerfield
      Golden Eagle Hornpipe
      Say Old Man
      Beeswing Hornpipe
      Redeemed
      Saudades Waltz (Peter Willis original tune)
      Bella’s Waltz (my original tune)

We’ve already recorded guitar for these tracks…plenty of editing and producing for our team to do, but you should see these tunes start to appear on the site in the coming weeks/months.

Cheers!!

C

lonestar777
      Participant

This looks great! I’d love to see Old Dangerfield released sooner than later. I’ve been working on that one forever and could use some ideas. Also, I’m sure it’s a long way off but whenever you start picking tunes for the next set I would love to see Jesse Polka in there.

Casey Willis
        Keymaster

Sounds good, Lonestar. We’re adjusting to some changes in our studio production setup due to remote workers, but once we get that sorted out, we’ll bump Old Dangerfield up on the list. I’ll take a look at Jesse Polka…seems like I used to know that one.

C

Casey Willis
        Keymaster

Hi again, Lonestar777.

Here is my lesson on the great bluegrass tune Old Dangerfield

Enjoy!!!

C

Casey Willis
      Keymaster

Here’s the first lesson from the new session to be published…Durang’s Hornpipe.

Stay tuned for more new lessons from me soon!!

C

Casey Willis
      Keymaster

We just published an original waltz by my brother, Peter Willis. Here is Saudades Waltz.

More to follow!…Butterfly Waltz up next for publishing. Cheers!

C

gordmich1
      Participant

Hey Casey,

Have been off the site for a bit and am thrilled to be back. The A/B loop is awesome. Also, love the new tunes posted (Old Dangerfield and Wheel Hoss are some favorites). Bella’s Waltz is a stunning composition. Sincere thanks and kudos for writing that one. Very excited to add that to my repertoire. Keep up the good work. Much appreciated.

michael

Casey Willis
        Keymaster

Thanks for this feedback, Gordmich. Much appreciated. Glad you like Bella’s. More new lessons to follow…All the best!

barry.bailey
      Participant

Casey,

Looking forward to Don’t let your deal go down. Also, wondered if you or Patti might do Uncle Penn? I’ve been working on it, but would love so more help!

Casey Willis
        Keymaster

Hi, Barry. We’ll bump Don’t Let Your Deal Go Down up to be the next tune published from me.

I’ll run Uncle Pen by Patti…we had her scheduled to be in studio for a new session this summer, but the pandemic craziness has put that plan on hold. But consider it added to the list, sir.

Cheers!

C

Casey Willis
        Keymaster

Update, Barry…Looks like the team already has Don’t Let Your Deal Go Down published…you can access that lesson here:

Don’t Let Your Deal Go Down

Kryssa Lee
      Participant

Hi Casey,

I was wondering if you could do the fiddle tune “Mississippi Sawyer”. My dad wants me to learn it. I can see you guys are pretty busy!
      Thanks

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.