Mobile/Battery powered amp

Home Forums Fiddle Lesson Forum General Fiddle Forum Topics Mobile/Battery powered amp

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      John W.
      Participant

I have started looking into portable mini battery powered amps for the purpose of playing the guitar backing tracks. I intend to play the tracks from a playlist on my cell phone. Does anyone have any recommendations?
      Ive been looking at the roland mobile cube or something like that. It would be even better if it had some kind of bluetooth connection.

Roland White

Hi John W, Good question? I don’t have a specific recommendation for you for amps but for getting to the Blue Tooth or Wireless platform here is an idea for you. I’m not sure what kind of a pick up you’re using on the guitar, but a good option I use on my Mandolin is a Fishman Bridge Pick up installed with the 1/4 jack connection at the end pin. Then I use a wireless transmitter paired with the selected amp and then you don’t have any wires between you and the speakers. The Fishman bridge pick up is used frequently on acoustic instruments and the the transmitter for the instrument is a usually a belt clip. Luthiers can custom shape the Bridge for a good contact to the Pick Up. I haven’t used this for for a long time so I’m pretty sure there are a lot of new high tech options. But in the meantime I know this works and allows you to stroll without wires for a good distance when performing. I hope this gets you going in the right direction. Thanks for posing on the FV forum. Roland White Forum Moderator

Casey Willis
      Keymaster

Hi, John. You might try a Sony SRS-X3 or a Bose Bluetooth speaker. We have the Sony and it does well. Of course, Bose is a great name in this space as well.

Let me know if you need guitar track downloads.

C

John W.
      Participant

thanks guys

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.