keys

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      barry.bailey
      Participant

Is there a list of the keys these songs are in? Are any in the key of B?

Casey Willis
      Keymaster

Hi, Barry. There isn’t a list of tunes/keys…if we have a bunch of requests, we could always make Key a searchable category…any other FV members out there find this useful? It would be a long dropdown….

C

barry.bailey
      Participant

I am in a family bluegrass gospel band and the boys are always wanting to play in B. Do you have any songs uploaded in B major?

Casey Willis
        Keymaster

I don’t, Barry, and I don’t believe any of Patti’s tunes published to-date are in B either. Patti and I would be the closest to bluegrass…

I do know that Bluegrass favors the key of B major. I’m considering bringing on a bluegrass instructor in 2017, but that is a ways off, sir. Thanks!!

C

barry.bailey
      Participant

Ok. All the songs, of course are helpful. If you decided to put up a song of any style in B major it would help me.

If there are any songs in b flat or C they use a lot of the same fingering.

I am not disappointed– I love your site and intend to be a lot better fiddler because of it. Thank you so much for offering it.

Casey Willis
        Keymaster

Awesome, Barry. I’m working through Patti’s remaining tunes right now and I’ll keep an eye/ear out for any in those keys.

I have some Bb songs…Twisted comes to mind. I hate B and like Bb for some weird reason.

Best of luck, and I’ll touch base if I run across any of Pattti’s.

C

Casey Willis
      Keymaster

Editing Logger’s Breakdown right now, a great driving tune in the key of Bb, sir. Another sweet lesson coming from Patti Kusturok.

Should be published on the site within the next couple of weeks, Barry.

C

barry.bailey
      Participant

ok great!

Casey Willis
      Keymaster

Hi again, Barry. Logger’s Breakdown has been published and can be found HERE.

barry.bailey
      Participant

Thanks

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.