Jeans Reel

Home Forums Fiddle Lesson Forum Jeans Reel

Tagged: 

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      Vtfiddle
      Participant

Do any of your instructors play Jeans reel? Natalie MacMaster does a great version. I would like to see it here someday. Thanks a bunch.

Roland White

Hi Vtfiddle,

I love that tune and have been working on it myself. I know Patti Kusturok plays it but I don’t know if its on her tune list for FV. I’m sure Casey will see your post and put it on her list if its not already. I heard a Irish style version of it the other day in the key of D with 4 parts, rather than G with the 3 parts that is also popular.

Thanks for posting and Fiddle on!, Roland

sabrina
      Participant

Hello,

Yes Mc Master does a very good job on this tune, you can hear it live here :

It was at the Celtic Colours International Festival 2014 playing with Sharon Shannon.

Full of energy together !

S.

Roland White

Hi Sabrina and thanks for posting the video. Two awesome musicians at the top of their games and smiles to match.
      Sounds like they are playing this at about 130 BPM flawlessly. These are two of my fav trad players.
      Fiddle on, Roland

sabrina
      Participant

Hi Roland,

Yes, the tempo is breathtaking and like you said, it seems to be “flawlessly”…..

I dream to play like that someday….

S.

Casey Willis
      Keymaster

Natalie is amazing…maybe we’ll have to see if she’ll join the site someday…Thanks for the suggestion on this tune. Patti didn’t record Jean’s reel, but I will put it on our request list for the next time we have a Celtic/Canadian fiddler in-studio.

sabrina
      Participant

Hey Casey,

Well, it will be beyond my most beautiful dream/fantasy if Natalie Mc Master could consider to join FV : actually, i want to learn Volcanic Jig, David’s Jig, Sunday’s reel, her version of Catharsis, …… I have the sheets music but i learned with FV that bowing is so important that i want to have HER bowing on those tunes.

S.

sabrina
      Participant

And i forgot to add that from what i saw on YT, she’s a wonderful teacher !!!

S.

Casey Willis
      Keymaster

Update to this post. Hanneke recorded Jean’s Reel in her last session. Lesson to be published soon!

Casey Willis
      Keymaster

Hi, VTFiddler and Sabrina. Here is Hanneke Cassel’s lesson on the great tune Jean’s Reel. Enjoy!!

sabrina
        Participant

Thanks Casey ! On my way to see that ! 😉

S.

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.