Hallelujah

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Dianacsuram
      Participant

Casey Willis
      Keymaster

Nice, Diana. I’ll consider it for a future lesson!

-C

Roland White

Hi Diana. Always liked the tune, Nicely played too!

Roland

Pat Willey
      Participant

Yes, great song. I enjoy reading about songs, songwriters and performers. Here is a great (but lengthy) article from Rolling Stone on this song, and the composer, Leonard Cohen:
      http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/exclusive-book-excerpt-leonard-cohen-writes-hallelujah-in-the-holy-or-the-broken-20121203

Roland White

Hi Pat, Thanks for posting. Sometimes in the passing of time a musical piece comes a long that is significant, meaningful, inspirational and beautiful and this tune is surely one of them. This is a nice story and sometimes you don’t think of that but just enjoy the tune for the beauty of it. I’m sure others will also enjoy too. Thanks again for posting.
      Roland Moderator.

Dianacsuram
      Participant

That was the best article I’ve ever read about this piece. I like how it touched on so many aspects of the song and its history. whereas other writings argue about what the song is about this piece presents all the angles I’ve considered and the appreciation from the ukulele artist was one of my favorite parts. The article ended on a sad note – can’t believe they never got any royalties. Thanks for the excellent link and for the warning about the length. I had a whole cup of coffee ready and dry by the end.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.