general request

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      reinhard kummerle
      Participant

i’m going to make some aspirational requests that i know are beyond your ability to deliver, but thought they may be useful to make you aware of the range of interest in some of your members.

i like the album “kenny baker does bill monroe”. i noticed that you just included some of those pieces. thank you. i like the album “Fidl” by alicia svigals. i know klezmer isn’t in the offerings, but thought i’d mention it. i like the jeremy kittle albums “celtic fiddlle” and “roaming”, and like the general idea of folk music with some heavy improvisation going on. grisman dawg stuff, gypsy jazz stuff.

i would like to highlight the importance of the performance quality of all of your tunes, and would like to encourage in general each repetition include variations on the tunes. seeing how to do good variation is very important to me.

a general notion that, just like the guitar back up being performed with the fiddle, a certain percentage of tunes include a fiddle harmonizing with tunes or even some tunes showing fiddle harmony even if the lead is not a fiddle.

i know that this is probably a crazy list, but thanks for the website and thanks for listening.

Casey Willis
      Keymaster

Hello, Reinhard.

Thanks for the feedback. While a dedicated Klezmer teacher isn’t in the plans, Kevin Burke is in the process of reviewing a Klezmer tune he taught called “Izekel”. That should be published soon. I’m with you on the gypsy jazz stuff…but I struggle to figure out how to fit that into the tune-based format of this website…at some point, we’ll need to explore that further.

We also have a few more twin fiddle lessons planned…I just need to get back in front of a camera and cut the twin parts! Again, thanks for the input, and I’m glad you are enjoying the site.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.