foot pedal (pageflip brand for example) for looping video

Home Forums Fiddle Lesson Forum foot pedal (pageflip brand for example) for looping video

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      antonvon
      Participant

hello i would like to know which bluetooth foot pedal you recommend to a-b loop videos – i was thinking of firefly or dragonfly pedal by pageflip but there are hundreds of other brands.
      it would be so convenient to loop with your feet, not your hands!
      thanks a lot

George Bretz
      Participant

Antonvon,
      Maybe, others can chime in. I just set up the a-b loop on the video by hand, learn what I’m after and then abandon the lessons and move onto playing with the guitar tracks that are included with the lessons. I try to leave the lessons as quickly as possible.
      Sometimes I record my own guitar tracks with a Ditto foot switch looper.

A foot controlled looper for the videos would be handy. I had not thought of that previously.

Happy Holidays

Casey Willis
      Keymaster

Hi, Antonvon.

Are you asking if there’s a bluetooth looping pedal that would work with setting in/out points for the videos hosted on this site? That’s something I’ve never even considered, and I’m not sure what technology is out there that connects to a computer & would control a video player. Or are you asking about a pedal for live performances? Either way, I’m not sure I have much insight to offer…

I just drag the A/B loop points forward/backward on the videos by hand if I’m working on a section of a tune here…Keep us posted if you end up trying to link up a footpedal to engage the loop function of the videos. Now I’m curious!

C

antonvon
      Participant

Hi Casey sorry for answering late. I got myself a pageflip dragonfly, it’s bluetooth and programable and can do anything, I’ll have to find what are the keyboard shortcuts for going from a to b or rewind 10 seconds etc, I’ll do that with my foot meaning i wont have to stop playing at anytime.
      I’ll let you know how it goes, you program it with a pc or mac and use it on ipad etc (anything with bluetooth).
      it’s already programmed for turning a score’s page (useful when working on some Bach!) but you can really have it do anything and it has 5 pressure points – it should do the job. (same for rewinding or looping on youtube etc)

Have a great new year!
      Anton
      don’t fiddle with fiddling! it’s a serious thing!

Casey Willis
        Keymaster

Oh that makes more sense now, Antonvon. Great idea. I believe the hot keys you would want to map would be “I” for setting the in point, “O” for setting the out point, and the space bar for play…but you might just have to test via keyboard. Best of luck!

C

antonvon
        Participant

Casey: yes that sounds about right!
        i look forward to going in and out if a segment without having to let go of my bow!

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.