Fiddle tune request: Bluesy bluegrass tunes?

Home Forums Fiddle Lesson Forum Lessons in Production – Fiddle Tune Requests Fiddle tune request: Bluesy bluegrass tunes?

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Hi Kevin,

Was hoping to add some requests to the bluegrass-oriented song repertoire! I’m wanted to improve at improvisation as well as adding more color through blue notes/blues chops. A lesson on that would be much appreciated!
      Two tunes I’d love to see lessons on are:
      -East Tennessee Blues
      -Deep Elum Blues

and any others that you think fit this bill! Would also love to hear from others if there are any tunes along these lines that you love (bonus if they commonly pop up in bluegrass circles, which is my main concentration in fiddling…)

Thanks so much!

Casey Willis
      Keymaster

Hi there.

Good news – we have a new instructor, Megan Lynch Chowning, who has agreed to join the Fiddlevideo instructor team. She will be teaching a combination of Texas/contest-style tunes, Bluegrass tunes, and Bluegrass improvisation. I’ll pass those two requests along to her. She was scheduled to be in our studios in June, but we’ll have to see what actually happens with the current travel issues going on.

But when we’re able to get her in-studio, Megan has plans to record a 15-20 lesson set covering Bluegrass fills/improvisation as well as a number of Bluegrass standards.

Cheers!

C

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.