Faded Love

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Fred Miller
      Participant

I m having trouble with faded love. in the advanced tutorial, around time 3:40, a BG chord is used instead of the GD. It goes to a BG to D , and then from the note D is where I am having trouble. if you could tell me what you’re doing after that D, it sure would help.

Thanks,

Fred

Roland White

Hi Fred, Forum Moderator here. I can’t answer your question for Casey but I’m sure he will be checking in soon and be able to give you an answer. If it helps when I hit a rough spot I might record what I’m trying to learn and then download it into a slow downer or media player to help me hear it at a slower speed. Even if I still don’t get it right it helps me learn the tune by hearing each note played slowly. Check back in soon I’m sure Casey will chime in for you.

Casey Willis
      Keymaster

Hey there Fred – Sorry it’s taken me a couple of days to respond. I’ve been traveling and just now had a chance to dial into that section of the video. So if I understand the question, you are wondering how to get back from the double stop B/G note which is played in substitute for the D/G double stop. The walkdown which follows is 2,1,0 on the A string (C#, B, A)….but, drone your open E string as you walk down each note. I’m also sliding into the C# there.

Does that help? Is that the spot you’re dialing in on? Thanks for the question!

Casey

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.