Download video to IPad

Home Forums Fiddle Lesson Forum General Fiddle Forum Topics Download video to IPad

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      jefflyon@cox.net
      Participant

Hi All, I”m a new subscriber and really enjoying this site.

Is it possible to download the videos to an ipad so I can practice when at a location that doesn’t have an internet or wifi connection?

Casey Willis
      Keymaster

Hi, Jeff.

First off, welcome…thanks for signing up!

I totally understand the request…our site is set up for content to be accessed via internet, and you’d like to be able to download off-line copies of the videos to work on when not connected. We looked at the direct download option when we designed the site but ended up not going that route as there isn’t a great way to track downloads or disable access to off-line videos in alignment with subscription to the site. Hopefully that makes sense?

We may explore the direct download/individual lesson purchase (or DVD sales) in the future, but for right now, all Fiddlevideo content is accessed via internet connection.

Thanks again for subscribing, and all the best in your fiddling ventures, sir!

C

jefflyon@cox.net
      Participant

Got it. Thanks.

Oliver
      Participant

Hi Casey and Jeff,

This is something that would be useful for me too as I am a bit Nomadic and don’t always have the Internet available. I completely understand that its difficult because files are so easily copied and shared nowadays. But something I just thought could work (and I’m no expert at all, so wouldn’t know how to go about it or if it is actually possible) would be an App for IOS and Android where the videos would be watchable offline. A bit like Spotify and the music. Obviously it would mean a lot of work developing the App, but just an idea.

All the best

Oliver

Casey Willis
        Keymaster

Thanks for chiming in, Oliver. That might be something to look at…there are so many distribution models out there right now!!! I’ll keep my eyes peeled for any plug-n-play type app options…

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.