Chops

Tagged: ,

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Amparo
      Participant

Hi!

I would like to start with Chopstechnic and I would like to ask for interesting related links. Would be great as well if a Chopbowing video would be posted on Fiddlevideos 🙂

Thank you in advance,

Amparo

Casey Willis
      Keymaster

Good request, Amparo. Hanneke does a great job with chops and the next time we have her in the studio, we’ll try to get some chop technique videos down. Cassey Dreissen is the master at this, as far as I am concerned. You should check out this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfvVyKiiFGE

Amparo
      Participant

Thanks, Casey! Cassey Dreissen is really amazing ☺

Ron Davison
      Participant

Yup. Also Darold Anger has a really good instructional video in chopping that features Cassey Dreissen.

Casey Willis
        Keymaster

Good info, Ron. Thanks for adding in. Casey D has taken the application to a whole new place. I saw some things about his Fiddlesticks project a while back. There are a couple of neat vids out there on that as well.

Roland White

Hi Amparo, Roland White Fiddler and Forum moderator here. Sorry I missed your recent post. I agree wholeheartedly with Casey Willis that Cassey Dreissen has gone way beyond the basic Chop that Darol Anger started with. He is by far the most inventive Chop master I’ve ever heard or seen and I don’t think he is even close to finishing inventing new ways to create rhythm. Currently I see most modern master fiddlers able to execute the Chop in interesting ways so keep you eyes and ears open to all players that have mastered this.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.