Cherokee Shuffle

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Willow
      Participant

it would be so great if a lesson video was made for “Cherokee Shuffle.” I came across this song in a jam recently and have, since then, tried to find more advanced tutorials to study but have found nothing that quite does the tune justice. Casey Willis, i’m thinking you on this one 🙂

Counselorh
      Participant

I’m in full agreement! Cherokee Shuffle is one of the fiddle tunes I was hoping to find to learn. And Casey Willis, well it fits with his style of playing; how about it Casey? 🙂

Casey Willis
        Keymaster

Hey, guys. That’s a good suggestion. I would agree that it’s in my style. I’ll have to put it in the list and work up a version.

On a side note, below is a link to a song I wrote which is very similar to CS, I’ve been told:

Roland White

Hi All, Well I agree with everyone on that tune and its always been fun to play. I’ve heard a lot of regional variations but have not heard it played in a progressive inventive way. So Casey your inventiveness would be great to hear. I’m glad your considering playing it. In asking other fiddlers about the tune some say its a derivative of Lost Indian played in D rather than A like CS. I’ve heard old time versions and Texas versions of that tune. BTW Casey I like Run for the Summer a lot especially that little Irish Bow triplet in the 2nd part of the tune.
      Cheers all, Roland Forum Moderator

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.