Castle Kelley

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Kitegal
      Participant

I lately fell in love with the Irish tune “Castle Kelly”. It sounds beautiful played slowly (which is all I can do, ha!) and I am practicing but…I’d like to learn better how to play this faster and also there seems to be a part to this for which I could not find sheet music (but heard recordings of) which is that beyond the A and B parts there is another portion. Is this something you guys could take on? It is such a cool tune!

Cheers! – Sylvia

Casey Willis
      Keymaster

I’ll add it to our running request list, Kitegal. Thanks for the suggestion!

Roland White

Hi Kitegal,

Thanks for the tune suggestion. I love that tune and its one of the first Irish tunes I learned. I’ve never heard a third part so if you have a YouTube link to share with the 3 parts being played I would love to hear it. In the meantime it is a beautiful tune fast or slow so keep playing it and the speed will come along. Kind regards, Roland

Kitegal
        Participant

Hi Roland,

Thank you for your nice response. I totally agree that this tune is really lovely played slowly. Once it is played fast it seems to change it’s character entirely and the emphasis is on the rhythm rather the melody – and it is still awesome. Here is a youtube recording, the “3rd” part seems to start at 2:36 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8YGB-G4cv0 Perhaps they are just playing another tune and it was not mentioned? Curious to hear your opinion, thank you!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.