Howling Dogs

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      poetmom
      Participant

Alright, so I admit this is a little bit funny. . .but also legitimately frustrating. My two dogs bark and howl whenever I practice, and I have no idea how to get them to stop! Double stops, especially, really get them going. The beagle mix starts, then the terrier joins in, and I can’t even hear myself play! Has anyone had this issue before? Any advice?

william
      Participant

Sell your dogs.

poetmom
      Participant

Hmmmm. I supposed that’s one solution. 😀

Roland White

Hi Poetmom,

I would say that it’s all in how you receive it as they could be Howling’s of Praise. However if it is impeding your practice you will have to most likely have to remove them out of hearing range.

I have been around Howling dogs that actually sounded in tune with the music but that got everyone laughing so hard we quit playing and the Dog keep howling., so we joined back in.

Fiddle on! Roland

poetmom
      Participant

Thank you, Roland! I may have to build myself a soundproof fiddle bunker to get out of their range, but we must do what we must do for our music!

Blossom
      Participant

You could try a fiddle mute. I don’t have any experience with them, but it may change the volume enough for them to leave you alone. Also, just a thought – keep playing with someone ready to reward them when they are quiet with treats – hard to howl and eat at the same time…lol.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.